Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can you make quilt labels with your computer & printer? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/can-you-make-quilt-labels-your-computer-printer-t27508.html)

Mari 10-25-2009 01:49 PM

I think that if you have HP inks, you need to buy the bubble jet set2000. There seens to be something about the hp printer inks that do not work with the ordinary bubble jet set , and so there is a separate bubble jet set that must be used.

Ms Grace 10-25-2009 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by rndelling
I iron the muslin onto freezer paper, run it through the printer and then go over everything with gel pens. They are permanent and you at least have the size and font that you want the letters to be which is much easier than trying to write it yourself.

Took me several tries to figure out wouldn't wash out but this has worked for me.

Great idea!
Thanks! :D

roseville rose 10-26-2009 05:24 AM

Can you tell me where you get the gel pens?

pjinflorida 10-26-2009 05:37 AM

I have question regarding bubble jet. I used it, followed the instructions completely, even used the bubble jet rinse and in the rinse the pictures faded.

Any suggestion? Oh I am also using the RFD (ready for dying fabric, which is the photo material I was told works the best, since it is RFD.

Hope someone can help me, as I have a huge bottle of the jet and 2 bottles of the rinse.

Thanks Pam

pjinflorida 10-26-2009 05:40 AM

Roseville Rose what are gel pens???

thanks Pam

Ms Grace 10-26-2009 08:38 AM

I too would like to know. :D

roseville rose 10-26-2009 09:02 AM

I don't know. I was asking rndelling.

kluedesigns 10-26-2009 09:09 AM

gel pens are typically used in scrapbooking but they work well on fabrics.

some brands of gel pens will actually stated can be used on fabrics and you just heat set them with the iron.

pjinflorida 10-26-2009 01:17 PM

Thank you Kluedesigns. I learned something new today about quilting, thats makes it an even better day.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 11-04-2009 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by pjinflorida
I have question regarding bubble jet. I used it, followed the instructions completely, even used the bubble jet rinse and in the rinse the pictures faded.

Any suggestion? Oh I am also using the RFD (ready for dying fabric, which is the photo material I was told works the best, since it is RFD.

Hope someone can help me, as I have a huge bottle of the jet and 2 bottles of the rinse.

Thanks Pam

I just got my Bubble Jet Set and rinse. I bought the cheaper rinse from Dharma Trading Company. They recommended it. I haven't tried Printing on Fabric, yet. From what I can gather, the rinse will take off the "excess" ink from the printer. After this, it is supposed to be set. You are supposed to use the best quality setting on your printer. Then, the rinse will wash out some of it, and it isn't supposed to fade after that.
I hope to find time to try some POF soon.