Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can you set your Babylock to start up on the stitch you want? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/can-you-set-your-babylock-start-up-stitch-you-want-t251099.html)

AngelinaMaria 07-31-2014 12:34 PM

Can you set your Babylock to start up on the stitch you want?

I use Q-03 (with some saved adjustments) for my standard piecing stitch. The machine starts up using Q-01 I believe. Can I set the machine to start up at the Q-03 stitch?

I know all I have to do is tap the little Q-03 button on the screen but every 1 out of 20 times or so, I forget to change over from Q-01 to Q-03 and I end up with a huge seam. And then the ripper has to come out.

Did you just save all your adjustments for a scant 1/4 inch to the Q-01 stitch and move on?

Onebyone 07-31-2014 01:38 PM

A good tech will be able to reset the factory default settings.

RipStitcher 07-31-2014 01:58 PM

I have an Ellisimo Gold...

And I do the same thing... I forget to check the settings before taking off, sometimes. :p

I don't use the "Q" section... I just usually bounce around in that first screen and use 1-03. I use starter and ender / jumper scrap fabric... and I find I like using that stitch and being in control of reverse more than using that tie off setting... all of that said, though, I have to always look down and make sure I have the stitch length where I want it.

I'll be watching this thread... I'm guessing there is a setting to make a certain stitch your default.. but I've never messed around with figuring that out (because I do so many different things with mine... I guess)

schelia 08-01-2014 01:53 AM

Mine has a button that says memory - push that and it stores your settings each time it is opened.

Lafpeaches 08-01-2014 03:22 AM

I have a BL crescendo. I don't know why the default setting starts sewing at 1-01 which is to the left of center. I was able to change that to 1-03 which is the middle per the instuction manual.

AngelinaMaria 08-01-2014 04:57 AM

Thanks Lafpeaches. Any chance you remember where in the manual you found this?

michelleoc 08-01-2014 06:44 AM

AngelinaMaria: for the Crescendo, it's called "Using the Machine Setting Mode Key" and it was on page B-25 of my manual. Hope that helps.
Michelle

AngelinaMaria 08-01-2014 07:54 AM

Thanks Michelle. Unfortunately, those modes still don't allow you to start up at Q-03. It will allow you to decide if you want to start up on Q-01 or 1-01 or 1-03 but will not let you select any other stitch options. So, I am guessing that if I really want it to start up with the needle position, tension, etc. that I want for most piecing, I just need to edit one of these 3 options, save the changes, and then select that stitch as the start up option.

Mdaniels 08-01-2014 04:08 PM

You have the Espire, right? I'm pretty sure when I had mine I changed the start up settings, I think it can be done. I just can't remember how--good luck!