Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Canadian Swapers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/canadian-swapers-t254817.html)

true4uca 10-05-2014 05:40 PM

Wow, sure seems to be an interest. Hope some volunteers to do this.

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 6916670)
sounds like you are gathering interest.... just remember :) ... one of you has to volunteer to be the leader. if you feel that you have a large enough group, please contact PatriceJ to go over the ins and outs of posting a swap on the QB.

QuiltE 10-05-2014 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by true4uca (Post 6917027)
Wow, sure seems to be an interest. Hope some volunteers to do this.

True4UCA ... Maybe you could volunteer?
Please be sure to let me know too!
(all dependent on what is being swapped, and when it will happen, as to whether I can commit at the time)

Originally Posted by Boston1954 (Post 6916816)
..........(Hockey season is soon) Thank you Canada for inventing hockey!!

You're welcome!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D
Did you know that Basketball originated here too?

true4uca 10-05-2014 09:00 PM

QuiltE,
Sorry , I just wouldn't know how to host this. I just want to take part in one.

[QUOTE=QuiltE;6917184]True4UCA ... Maybe you could volunteer?
Please be sure to let me know too!
(all dependent on what is being swapped, and when it will happen, as to whether I can commit at the time)

bearisgray 10-05-2014 09:24 PM

Dumb question - but I don't know the answer -

Is the Canadian postal system similar to the USA system?

true4uca 10-05-2014 09:52 PM

Yes our system is similar to yours. It is generally cheaper for you to mail to Canada than for us to mail to the USA. Wish we had those boxes ( I forget the name), they are flat rate mailers.

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 6917203)
Dumb question - but I don't know the answer -

Is the Canadian postal system similar to the USA system?

Knitette 10-05-2014 10:15 PM

I'm in the Secret Pal Swap and there are swapper/s from Canada in it. Re the postal system - for some reason I can send to most part of US in around a week (best was five days!) or so, but it's around three weeks to Canada. No idea why it takes so long - I'm assuming some sort of Customs delay.

works4me 10-06-2014 07:09 PM

I, too, might be interested in this depending on the item swapped, and timing. Did you have something in mind true4uca?

No, I am unable to host as there is very little me-time for the foreseeable future.

An issue with inviting other countries to join - we get right back into the postage dilemma. Yes, they can send here if they don't mind the postage but one of us then has to send outside of the country.

Our system is similar to the US postal system. It does not seem to be as efficient. And I have found that two weeks seems to be the magic number for parcels in either direction, although lately a week seems to be doing it.

nannykins8 10-07-2014 03:36 AM

I am not familiar with swaps on this forum. What kinds of things get swapped?
Another Cdn. who might consider it.

KGoodhand 10-07-2014 04:52 AM

Looks like we have quite a few Canadian quilters that may be interested in swapping!! You can count me in that group as well!!!
In my opinion we need to get it started soon or maybe wait till the new year when we tend to have a bit more time!
I would be interested in block swaps, fat quarter swaps, that is what is coming to my head right now! lol
I will have to bookmark this thread and keep an eye!

angelanicole 10-07-2014 05:08 AM

Count me in to, love to join the Canadian swap........