Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can't Focus... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cant-focus-t77228.html)

Julie in NM 11-18-2010 05:07 PM

on what to do next. Have books, mag, patterns, fabric. Lots of pics of quilts, too. I think the problem is I want to get rid of scraps and having a terrible time. Scraps are in 3, yes 3 HUGE containers with no rhyme or reason. Most are small and I want to get rid of them. Some are odd sizes. Don't send me to Quiltville...nothing there trips my trigger either.

So much is up in the air which is probably why I'm lost. DH may be taking a new job which will require me to quit my little job and stay home with Mom..alz patient. I'll try to hire someone to come in and stay with her a couple hours a week so I can get groceries.

I have to quit ordering fab cuz it's not matching anything that I have.

Think maybe I'll just put all the fab away and work on my Santa redwork that I have from Bird Brain Designs. I feel like a bird brain so maybe this is apporiate. When everything calms down, I'll be able to sew again. Think maybe drinking too much coffee may be bothering me too...but it tastes sooo goood!

See! Even my thoughts are rambling. Right...redwork it is! After I walk on the tread mill for a mile....need to work off my belly!

Thanks guys!!

MissM 11-18-2010 05:11 PM

Maybe a crazy quilt would be the answer. He He :-D :-D

smiles 11-18-2010 05:29 PM

Check out www.quiltville.com. She has lots of quilt patterns for scraps and lets you download for free

cjomomma 11-18-2010 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by MissM

LOL! LMBO!!!!

grammyp 11-18-2010 05:53 PM

Yes, work on the redwork for a while. When you are in the mood to tackle your scraps there are several things you can do. I like to make several HSTs and keep on hand for projects. You can also make string blocks if you have strips. Just do some at a time, don't try to tackle all the boxes at once.

klgreene 11-18-2010 06:31 PM

I won't send you to quiltville, but I just started their string quilt. I had never made a scrappy quilt before, so I made 4 - 6" blocks. I'm not sewing them together yet because I'm not sure exactly what pattern I want to make, so I'm just going to make those little squares, keep making them until I get enough to make a lap size. I'm working on three quilts that I just want to make the blocks right now, then when the mood strikes, I'll put them all together. The are three completely different types/patterns so when I'm bored with one, I move to a different one. Keeps me fresh. Where in NM are you, I'm on the eastern side just along the border.

katiebear1 11-18-2010 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by MissM

Or do some crumb blocks. That's what I do when I want to sew,but also take a break. Crumbs are fun and you can use up your scraps.

gale 11-18-2010 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by smiles
Check out www.quiltville.com. She has lots of quilt patterns for scraps and lets you download for free

OMG! LOL!!

smiles 11-18-2010 07:20 PM

Gayle can you explain what you meant by OMG LOL

Julie in NM 11-18-2010 07:47 PM

Oh My Gosh...Laughing out loud!!