Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Card Trick Quilt Block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/card-trick-quilt-block-t39348.html)

Boston1954 03-13-2010 10:22 AM

I did the quilterscache one and then saw an easier one that uses rectangles and squares.

amma 03-13-2010 11:41 AM

I found if I laid out each block it went easier and I kept a copy of the block next to my machine also to refer back to...
Example, after cutting all of the pieces, I laid out a block onto a 14" square of foam board ($1 a sheet at Dollar Tree) I divided the block into 9 sections like Rhonda showed. I would sew the segements of the block together and place them back where they belonged. Carry the whole thing to the ironing board, press and put them back in their places and back to the sewing machine... until the block was completed. You could stack several blocks/boards on top of each other and work on more than one block at a time.

Skyqueen30094 03-13-2010 01:29 PM

I love this pattern an have always wanted to do it; thanks for all the help this wi ll be on my to do list along with about 50 others :D

Shorebird 03-13-2010 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Justquilting
The easist card trick pattern I've found was Eleanor Burns.
She does the strip method.

Do you have a link to this pattern from Eleanor Burns? If not, do you or anyone else know what book it may be in? I am anxious to try this, but would like to strip piece, as opposed to all of those half and quarter aquare triagles.

Has anyone tried to use Jodi Barrows' "Square in a Square" method to make this block? Anyone out there who is familiar with her methods that wants to give converting this standard pattern to her method?

MISHNJIM 03-13-2010 05:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Batik Card Trick...I really like the way it turned out. Sorry the picture is a little dark I need to change the bulbs in the room.

Mish :0)

Batik Card Trick
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8538[/ATTACH]

LucyInTheSky 03-13-2010 08:23 PM

I do it with squares. You do 3 equal squares of each color, lay them out in a sort of L (like tilting your head 45 degrees for the block), and then it's all nice squares. I love squares.

Justquilting 03-14-2010 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think the reason why you can't find card trick under Eleanor Burns is cause she calls it "Winning Hand"

Here's one I've done with her strip method.

Winning hands
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9233[/ATTACH]

Justquilting 03-14-2010 10:23 AM

Look under www.quiltinaday.com

Shorebird 03-14-2010 12:04 PM

Look under www.quiltinaday.com

THANKS..........love your quilt!! I am using similar colors in one I am working on now......love your browns and neutrals........

Shorebird 03-14-2010 12:07 PM

I think the reason why you can't find card trick under Eleanor Burns is cause she calls it "Winning Hand"

Here's one I've done with her strip method.

OK - went to her site (www.quiltinaday.com, and entered Winning Hand in the search, and came up with no hits, no response...........can you send the actual link to these instructions from her site?

THANKS.