Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cat Panel (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cat-panel-t54893.html)

PenelopeG 07-17-2010 12:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all, I would welcome some advice please as I am very unsure of myself - skills, ideas etc.
I have bought a panel of cats, fronts and backs. It measures 25"x44", now I am not sure what to do with apart from making a draught excluder that is fat at the bottom and thin at the top! We have several little girls in the family, from 6months to 60+yrs! and I had thought of starting on the Christmas presents!
I do hope you have some more ideas.
Thanks in anticipation,
PennyfromEastYorkshire

Cat panel
[ATTACH=CONFIG]75415[/ATTACH]

sweetpea 07-17-2010 04:24 AM

What about cutting them each out and putting on t-shirts. Or putting them on a tote bags.

Originally Posted by PenelopeG
Hello all, I would welcome some advice please as I am very unsure of myself - skills, ideas etc.
I have bought a panel of cats, fronts and backs. It measures 25"x44", now I am not sure what to do with apart from making a draught excluder that is fat at the bottom and thin at the top! We have several little girls in the family, from 6months to 60+yrs! and I had thought of starting on the Christmas presents!
I do hope you have some more ideas.
Thanks in anticipation,
PennyfromEastYorkshire

CarrieAnne 07-17-2010 04:33 AM

Aw, no ideas, but they are sure cute!
Sweetpeas idea is a good one!

Luv Quilts and Cats 07-17-2010 04:35 AM

You could cut them out, applique them to a background fabric and make pillows, too.

renee765 07-17-2010 05:36 AM

It might be cute to cut the panel in two, across the middle so that you have a row of all cats facing front, and another row of all cats facing backward. Then use the front-facing cats as the middle of the quilt, with your choice of blocks and borders around it. Put the back facing cats in the quilt backing on the opposite side of the front facing cats. Then your quilt will have a definite front side and back side!

feline fanatic 07-17-2010 05:42 AM

I adore Sweetpea's idea of cutting them out and appliqueing to T's, totes or even sweatshirts. You can pick up plain shirts just about anywhere to embellish with this cute panel. Imagine how cute the shirt would look with the front of the kittens on the front and the backs on the back. Any little cat lover would love it for a Christmas Pressie!

sewcrafty 07-17-2010 06:07 AM

I agree with applique. But I don't think needleturn is the way to go, this time. I would use a water soluable fusible and do either a blanket, stain or zig zag to sew them down.

craftiladi 07-17-2010 06:10 AM

Not quilt related but when I first saw the pic I thought of a door draft stopper....stablize the fabric to make it stronger. Please be sure to let us know what you decide.

Pam 07-17-2010 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
I agree with applique. But I don't think needleturn is the way to go, this time. I would use a water soluable fusible and do either a blanket, stain or zig zag to sew them down.

I agree. Needleturn is too much work for t shirts! I sure do like fusable though!

doxieloverred 07-17-2010 07:02 AM

How about cutting it in half long-ways, sewing the two pieces together for one long strip, then using it as a ruffle on the bottom of a jumper or dress? Put the fronts of the cats on the front and put the backs on the back? That would be really cute!