Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cathederal Window question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cathederal-window-question-t266424.html)

just_the_scraps_m'am 06-17-2015 03:06 AM

not sure if this will help -- it is probably easier to sew sections or blocks or rows together & then join them. i have one in progress, but i sewed it together a different way than the tute on the board. i started with a circle and drew a square inside where the 4" square is placed, then joined another circle to it -- then placed the 4" square inside of one by sewing flaps down [and in the process the 2 circle pieces are joined. it works ok, but the outcome leaves raw edges -- seems to look nicer if you follow the tute on the board.....

Geri B 06-17-2015 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by just_the_scraps_m'am (Post 7229222)
not sure if this will help -- it is probably easier to sew sections or blocks or rows together & then join them. i have one in progress, but i sewed it together a different way than the tute on the board. i started with a circle and drew a square inside where the 4" square is placed, then joined another circle to it -- then placed the 4" square inside of one by sewing flaps down [and in the process the 2 circle pieces are joined. it works ok, but the outcome leaves raw edges -- seems to look nicer if you follow the tute on the board.....

That is the newer version of the old traditional CW. Did the above with denim/flannel....HEAVY!

davis2se 06-17-2015 11:26 AM

Thank you all so much for your responses, and Macybaby for the picture of her beautiful quilt in progress. I really appreciate the link to Eddie's tutorial. Not sure if I'm an idiot when it comes to the search function, or if it is just a little screwy, but I put in "cathederal widow tutorial" and got next to nothing (I also just searched for "comic board fabric storage, and again got very, very little - and I know I've seen tons and tons of posts on that). Anyway, your links and hints have helped me immensely. Thank you all again, and I will (TRY) to post a picture of the quilt in progress.

Kassaundra 06-17-2015 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by just_the_scraps_m'am (Post 7229222)

I started one w/ that construction too, several years ago. I never finished that one, this construction looks soooooo much better and easier.