Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Change in Connecting Threads Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/change-connecting-threads-thread-t192576.html)

gailinva 06-23-2012 03:37 PM

I've noticed the last couple of years it is very, very linty, so I switched to Aurifil.

AnitaSt 06-23-2012 05:08 PM

I've had problems with their thread purchased last year. Knots, lint, breaking, etc. I love their color selection but have decided to quit using their thread in my Bernina, which is more sensitive to lint build-up. I'm now using only Aurifil or Superior.

Jingle 06-23-2012 05:22 PM

I get the lint and seems to be weaker patches in a spool of CT thread once in a while. I just deal with it, I have bunches and bunches of their threads and will have to use it up.

jaciqltznok 06-23-2012 07:50 PM

did you check your needle? it is not always the thread that is the issue, but a BUR in the needle..

Edie 06-24-2012 04:24 AM

Geez, Louise, I have my catalog out here and am deciding which colors to get. I have already bought "Homestead" and 12 spools of natural in the past year. I was thinking about getting some more colors just to add to my collection. I have not had any trouble whatsoever and I use the natural when I sew my blocks together. I thought I would get different colors for the binding. I think one more set should pretty well do it for the rest of my life. Also, I noticed the sets are $21.90 for ten, but you can buy from the thread sale at $1.74 a spool! So I think I will pick out 10 spools from there. I thought I remembered that it said "Egyptian thread". I don't see it in this book, but it sure looks like the same stuff and the thread that I bought the last two times look the same.

Now I am getting worried.

Edie

LindaR 06-24-2012 05:52 AM

I have never noticed any knots but it is really linty....I just make sure I clean the quilting machine after every use, other wise I like it

Morag 06-24-2012 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by ljfox (Post 5310968)
I just used it for a quilt and noticed that it seemed to break easier. Not a good thing.

I just finished a wall hanging for my daughters wedding and found that the thread frayed and broke much easier than other threads I have used.....
I'm not happy with it and will probably not buy any more.

qwkslver 06-24-2012 06:26 AM

I have some. It is linty but strong enough. I use it. They might be changing suppliers.

Morag 06-24-2012 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by gailinva (Post 5311661)
I've noticed the last couple of years it is very, very linty, so I switched to Aurifil.

Where do you buy the Aurifil? I want to try it....

joeyoz 06-24-2012 08:02 AM

Have you let Connecting Threads know of this problem with the thread? Maybe they have a new supplier and need to know that there is a problem. I would get in touch with them and let them know you are disappointed in the thread lately.