Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Chart for Enlarging/Reducing Patters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/chart-enlarging-reducing-patters-t62677.html)

Cathysews 09-04-2010 09:17 AM

I downloaded the program Cute pdf (free). Now I have a folder to save info like this. All you do is highlight the info you want to save and click on PRINT. It will come up with a list of your printers including Cute PDF. You "print" with cute pdf and it saves it as a pdf file and you can choose the folder to save it too.
This has really saved me on paper bacause I was always finding "important " hints, patterns, etc that I want to save. Now I only print when I am ready to use it.
Cathy

puck116 09-04-2010 10:01 AM

[quote=somewhere on your computer there's a permanent way to save. for instance, on mac it's finder. in finder, it doesn't matter if the site disappears. i still have it. but i lost things that were bookmarked before i found out. if you have windows, there's some other way, i'm sure. bookmarks are for temporarily holding, like a bookmark in a book, keeping the page for a while until you finish the book.[/quote]

Thanks. I found it on my computer as .XPS. I never knew about this before. Thanks again.

butterflywing 09-04-2010 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Cathysews
I downloaded the program Cute pdf (free). Now I have a folder to save info like this. All you do is highlight the info you want to save and click on PRINT. It will come up with a list of your printers including Cute PDF. You "print" with cute pdf and it saves it as a pdf file and you can choose the folder to save it too.
This has really saved me on paper bacause I was always finding "important " hints, patterns, etc that I want to save. Now I only print when I am ready to use it.
Cathy

yes, filing it as a pdf is a way to keep it forever. just bookmarking isn't reliable.

Dogwood Quilter 09-04-2010 02:33 PM

Thanks, I can sure use this chart.

thebossbab 09-04-2010 05:14 PM

I save mine as a pdf file (I have windows based computer)
Becky

Annz 09-04-2010 05:52 PM

Thank you so much. This I bookmarked immediately.

ganny 09-04-2010 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
wahoooooooo i needed this chart. Thanks for posting. I will print it when I get home. This will come in so handy. Thanks again.

Love that little kitten. Makes me chuckle everytime I see it!

seasaw2mch 09-04-2010 08:14 PM

This is also great for enlarging pictures as well.
Thanks a bunch!
I do a lot of family history research and some of the old photos are so small when I scan them I try to get them all enlarged to about a 5 x 7 but some times it isn't easy to guee with the odd sizes, so again, Thanks so much for this most needed information.

butterflywing 09-04-2010 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by thebossbab
I save mine as a pdf file (I have windows based computer)
Becky

on the mac, that's basically what i do. change it to a pdf and file it in finder.

cag1949 09-05-2010 10:08 AM

Thank you soo much--needed this!