Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Christmas Bon Bons (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/christmas-bon-bons-t64937.html)

pennyj123 09-15-2010 06:24 PM

Gday, I am back and searching for Christmas Bonbons. Has anyone had a go at making them.

Would love to see your ideas or sites of interest for Christmas Bonbons in the making.

Thanks heaps.

karinda 09-16-2010 03:52 AM

Xmas bon bon are easy
need 2 pieces of Xmas Fabric 9 1/2 inches by12 1/2inches
a piece of stiffening
Iron stiffening to wrong side of one piece of fabric
place the right sides tog and stitch around leaving an opening to turn fabric to right side.
Press well
mark 1-2 inches in from either end and run a gathering thread ( I do 2 gathering runs) gather up and secure then I tie a RIBBON OR GOLD THREAD AROUND THE GATHERING

karinda 09-16-2010 03:53 AM

Xmas bon bon are easy
need 2 pieces of Xmas Fabric 9 1/2 inches by12 1/2inches
a piece of stiffening
Iron stiffening to wrong side of one piece of fabric
place the right sides tog and stitch around leaving an opening to turn fabric to right side.
Press well
mark 1-2 inches in from either end and run a gathering thread ( I do 2 gathering runs) gather up and secure then I tie a RIBBON OR GOLD THREAD AROUND THE GATHERING.THERE WE HAVE IT A BON BON GOOD LUCK

pennyj123 09-16-2010 03:57 AM

gday, Thanks for that, the week end is coming up so i will havago. :)

CarrieAnne 09-16-2010 04:14 AM

These sound cute!

karinda 09-16-2010 01:09 PM

Fporgot to mention with the bon bon
That when it is finished one long side is open so I fill the Bon bon with lollies and sit them on the table at xmas and they look fab.another Idea is put a small gift for a friend,not always do i make them out of Xmas fabric,I have even made them out of strips of different farics,I have made some for our Church fete next month .It was very late here in aussis so i was not thinking too straight..happy sewing
cheers

MommaDorian 09-16-2010 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by pennyj123
Gday, I am back and searching for Christmas Bonbons. Has anyone had a go at making them.

Would love to see your ideas or sites of interest for Christmas Bonbons in the making.

Thanks heaps.

That's a new one for me (as is most of the great stuff I read here). What is a Bonbon?

middysmom 09-16-2010 01:43 PM

what do you use these for i have never heard of them thanks

karinda 09-16-2010 01:52 PM

A Bonbon-think at xmas we have bonbons on the table you pull them apart and get a party hat and a joke,well these are material bonbons that you don't pull apart as they have one open side,they can look very colorful on the table at xmas ( I think they do ) and if you want to give a small gift put it in the bon bon ,sorry not sure how to put the pics up if anyone is unclear please let me know and i will try to help cheers

middysmom 09-16-2010 07:39 PM

if you have any i would love to see a picture thanks dorothy