Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/christmas-club-idea-t59506.html)

CarrieAnne 08-16-2010 03:14 AM

Jodie, those ties are great! LOL, I WISH my boys would were ties, they would look so nice!!!!!!!!

deedum 08-16-2010 03:41 AM

I am making cone shape ornaments and filling with their favorite candy and a gift card tucked in!
Also, the pillowcases that everyone loves. My son loves to bowl and has since he was 3 so he will have a bowling pillow case. Also a bowling towel and golf towel for him. The potato bags would be a neat gift and so useful!
I just finished a cuddle quilt for my dil for Christmas.
I have two more to do before Christmas.

deedum 08-16-2010 03:42 AM

those ties are fabulous!

CarrieAnne 08-16-2010 03:53 AM

Pillowcases would be a great idea, and wouldnt taketoo much fabric. And there is a fabric for EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

CarrieAnne 08-16-2010 03:54 AM

Thanks Deedum for the idea! You are ALL so insiring....I am not feeling as bad about Christmas now!

Dkm 08-16-2010 06:16 AM

I like this. Keep the ideals coming.

Butterflyblue 08-16-2010 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Great idea....I wa just thinking how hard this Christmas is going to be...........I'm not working much. I need ideas for young guys, like 17-25!!!!!!! Cant think of a thing to do Hm and not too expensive!

Well, it's not sewn, but something that's gone over well for me with young guys is homemade carmel and fudge. I use the recipe out of the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. One recipe of carmels is a LOT. I wrap each piece in wax paper with the ends twisted, and put them in a tupperware-type container from the dollar store. THere are cute tins at the dollar store, too, but I figure a young guy will appreciate and use a tupperware container more than a cute tin.

Butterflyblue 08-16-2010 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Great idea....I wa just thinking how hard this Christmas is going to be...........I'm not working much. I need ideas for young guys, like 17-25!!!!!!! Cant think of a thing to do Hm and not too expensive!

My boys and my nephews, ranging from 8-20, all love "sleep boxers" and "sleep pants" with tie waist. They all think they are comfy and all love them.

Sleep pants! That's a great idea. I got my brother some of those one year and he loved them (I bought them, but still). He's so picky otherwise. I spent a lot of time sewing him a fleece-lined moleskin jacket one year and I'm not sure he ever wore it because I didn't put side pockets in. And pajama pants take a lot less time to sew.

Butterflyblue 08-16-2010 06:29 AM

I have done rice bags before, and potholders. I love potholders. Easy to make, use up scraps, and they're something that definitely gets used.

I did some string pieced potholders and the quilt-as-you go method from Sharon Pederson's Reversible Quilts book. They went together really fast since the piecing and the quilting were done at the same time.

dotcomdtcm 08-16-2010 06:33 AM

We do a big fudge factory every year, very simple recipe in the microwave. The kids customize the flavors for friends.
It is a big hit. A lot of their friends do not cook!