Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/christmas-club-idea-t59506.html)

sewnsewer2 10-23-2010 05:32 AM

Cute mittens!

sewgray 10-23-2010 06:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made these medallions on my em and glued tham on the candles with Ilenes Jewel It glue. They stitch up pretty fast and I usually get the candles at JoAnn's after Christmas for $.99

gramquilter2 10-23-2010 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by sewgray
I made these medallions on my em and glued tham on the candles with Ilenes Jewel It glue. They stitch up pretty fast and I usually get the candles at JoAnn's after Christmas for $.99

What a great idea, I am going to try this today. Need to get the candles though.

NanSew 10-23-2010 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Great idea....I wa just thinking how hard this Christmas is going to be...........I'm not working much. I need ideas for young guys, like 17-25!!!!!!! Cant think of a thing to do Hm and not too expensive!

Pillow cases made from fabric that suits the person the gift is for. I have made tennis, golf, woodworking, hunting and fishing pillow cases for the guys in my life this Christmas.

Sue Fish 10-23-2010 11:02 AM

Such fun to see all these ideas!,

janRN 10-23-2010 02:08 PM

We drew our grab bag names at work Friday and I got the boss! Damn! What in the world do you get the boss?? After reading thru these pages (thank you, thank you!!) how does this sound: 2 potholders in his favorite NFL team and a gift card for Omaha Steaks? I know he likes to bar-b-que but thought it would be more personal with the handmade potholders. Please if anyone has a better suggestion, tell me.
This is the greatest thread--I made my gift list as I was reading. Thank you!!

Sue Fish 10-23-2010 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
We drew our grab bag names at work Friday and I got the boss! Damn! What in the world do you get the boss?? After reading thru these pages (thank you, thank you!!) how does this sound: 2 potholders in his favorite NFL team and a gift card for Omaha Steaks? I know he likes to bar-b-que but thought it would be more personal with the handmade potholders. Please if anyone has a better suggestion, tell me.
This is the greatest thread--I made my gift list as I was reading. Thank you!!

that sounds like a super idea.....BBQ mitts would be good and the gift card..perfect and you could even find a recipe for a marinate to go with it..

hoppyfrog 10-23-2010 02:33 PM

[quote Pillow cases made from fabric that suits the person the gift is for. I have made tennis, golf, woodworking, hunting and fishing pillow cases for the guys in my life this Christmas.[/quote]

I made a couple last week-end using the burrito method and was surprised how quickly I finished them.

purplemem 10-23-2010 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
[quote Pillow cases made from fabric that suits the person the gift is for. I have made tennis, golf, woodworking, hunting and fishing pillow cases for the guys in my life this Christmas.

I made a couple last week-end using the burrito method and was surprised how quickly I finished them.[/quote]

where do I find the pillowcase tute for the burrito/tube method? thanks, I know somebody will send me in the right direction

hoppyfrog 10-23-2010 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
[quote Pillow cases made from fabric that suits the person the gift is for. I have made tennis, golf, woodworking, hunting and fishing pillow cases for the guys in my life this Christmas.

I made a couple last week-end using the burrito method and was surprised how quickly I finished them.

where do I find the pillowcase tute for the burrito/tube method? thanks, I know somebody will send me in the right direction[/quote]

Hi MJ, Try the Missouri Quilt Company video. Also saw it on a U-Tube video. I'll see if I can find the I liked the best.