Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Christmas gift ideas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/christmas-gift-ideas-t296441.html)

gingerd 04-24-2018 06:30 AM

Thanks ladies!

I'm going to look at your suggestions!

gingerd 04-24-2018 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by JJBlaine (Post 8046256)
Last Christmas, I purchased two sets of 12 kitchen towels on Amazon that had a variety of colors. I decorated them in a variety of ways using scraps and leftovers from other projects. For some, I did embroidery or applique, others I stitched down a band of fabric or ribbon across the width, and on some I attached lace. I matched them up in pairs to give as gifts. Since my only expense was the towels themselves, I had a dozen gifts for under $40, and they were a hit with everyone that got a pair.

Do you have photos of your towels? She is quite the cook and baker this might be a good idea.

gingerd 04-24-2018 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy224 (Post 8046314)
those Stitch and Fold fabric wreaths are pretty neat. Can be used as a centerpiece, hung on the wall, and can be made with holiday fabric or any themed fabric that would reflect her interests. A google search will yield lots of ideas and a source for the pattern.
I am in the process of making one with a song bird themed fabric to hang on my front porch for spring....if it ever gets here!

I made one for her already. It was just general fabrics. This time maybe I'll look at seasonal. That might be something she would use.

gingerd 04-24-2018 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 8046192)
How about clothesline baskets?

I'm not sure what you mean by clothesline basket. Do you have any photos?

sewbizgirl 04-24-2018 07:45 AM

No suggestions, but it sounds like you have given her a lot of handmade gifts already. Maybe a gift certificate to her favorite place to shop?

nativetexan 04-24-2018 09:05 AM

Oh I love the table runner that is curved with pointed ends and sharp leaf like pieces in the quilt runner. can't think of the name of it right now. it would look nice on an oval table.

lindaschipper 04-25-2018 03:25 AM

I'm making casserole carriers for my husbands nieces. Great for pot luck dinners and lunches plus family gatherings. will make both the 9x9 and the 9x13 sizes.

gingerd 04-25-2018 04:07 AM

I like the curved table runner idea. That's different, especially for my sister-in-law.

Oh, the casserole carriers....I hadn't thought of that. Hmmm, I wonder. I'll look into those too.

Thanks again ladies!

nuffsaid 04-25-2018 05:49 AM

Tote bags, pretty purse, duffle bag or an overnight bag ...

klswift 04-25-2018 06:41 AM

Christmas is always a big deal in our house. When my youngest went far away to do her residency, she would not be able to come home for the holidays and she worked very long shifts at the hospital so she had no desire to decorate. I made her three little fabric trees (in her favorite shows fabrics- Dr. Who, Star Wars and Friday the 13th!) and a small flat centerpiece for her to sit her tablescape on. I also sent a tiny plastic reindeer that had been a favorite. Included was a small framed pic of all of us at Christmas. She loved it because it was simple to set-up, simple to 'take down' and to store and yet, it helped make the apt. feel festive. Many folks don't decorate because of the amount of work it usually involves and the storage of things later. If you give her a couple little things in a correct size box to use later, you may be surprised a how happy she will be.