Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A christmas Gift For You From ShellyQ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/christmas-gift-you-shellyq-t3329.html)

ShellyQ 11-26-2007 01:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all :D . I wanted to do a little something for everyone for Christmas. As I am so far away sending all my friends a little something just isn't possable so I hope you enjoy these instead :P Patterns for all these are posted further down in the thread. This is also my way of saying thankyou for all the encouragement, friendships and laughs I've had since I've been on the board here :thumbup: .

Thanks for everything and have a very Merry Christmas

3" and 4" circles and ovals made into tree ornaments
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66491[/ATTACH]

Tree onaments displayed on tree
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66603[/ATTACH]

ShellyQ 11-26-2007 01:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Some more examples of what you could use these patts for, Pot holder and placemat :D

8" patt made into a pot holder
[ATTACH=CONFIG]54619[/ATTACH]

10" patt made into a place mat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66730[/ATTACH]

Rebecca Chambley 11-26-2007 01:29 AM

Very nice, so sweet, Those are adorable.

ShellyQ 11-26-2007 01:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Below are the Patterns for the Christmas tree ornaments. I would reccomend the 3" and the oval star for experianced piecers who enjoy a challenge, the 4" is less demanding. If you are relatively new to this method try the larger sizes posted further on in this thread and work your way down to the smaller sizes.

I added a ribbon for a hanger and bound these with bias, an alternative would be to bag, turn and stuff with a little batting.

Patt for 2"x4" Oval Star
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57572[/ATTACH]

Pattern for 4" circular star
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57632[/ATTACH]

Pattern for 3" circular star
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57644[/ATTACH]

ShellyQ 11-26-2007 01:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Below is included the patterns for an 8 & 10 inch circular star the 8" is a great size for a pot holder and I have made the 10" into a placemat, you could also make a matching 4" to use as a coaster

Also below are foundation piecing intructions for anyone who would like them. I haven't include cutting directions for the fabric because there are so many different sizes, also cutting needs vary with the quilter. I recomend that you start out with quite large pieces if you are new to foundation piecing, as you get the hang of it you will be able to work out how much allowance you need to give yourself.

I really hope you enjoy these and have a very Merry Christmas :P

Star Variation 8" Circular
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57574[/ATTACH]

Foundation Piecing Instructions
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57585[/ATTACH]

Star Variation 10" Circular
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57647[/ATTACH]

Extreme Quilter 11-26-2007 05:50 AM

Thank you for these, Shelly. I love your fabric choices. I'll save these patterns to make a whole batch next Christmas. It doesn't look like I'll make it this year.

mimisharon 11-26-2007 05:54 AM

Aww, Shelly, thank you! I too am going to print and use these patterns for next year. They are so intricate and beautiful!

Hugs,
Sharon

quiltmaker101 11-26-2007 05:56 AM

Thank you ShellyQ! It is nice of you to share with us, and you do really good work. I have yet to master making pot holders. Making such tiny ornaments must have been challenging!

Have a Merry Christmas yourself!

amma 11-26-2007 06:22 AM

Thank You ShellyQ :D This is such a beautiful gift, you have spent a lot of time on these, it was so thoughtful of you :D Each pattern is wonderful, I love how they can be adapted in so many ways :D
I appreciate you friendship, encouragement, and humor so much, too :D I wish you, your family and friends a Wonderful Christmas and a Very Happy New Year :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Leslee 11-26-2007 06:47 AM

Thank you so much, Shelly! :thumbup: Can't wait to try all of them!