Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Christmas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/christmas-t133915.html)

Scakes 06-28-2011 09:10 PM

I have my list made but have not actually sewn anything yet. I did purchase a couple of things for gifts though so I guess that is a start. Seems like lots of people have hit a sewing slump lately - myself included. I did start cutting out some quilt blocks today so maybe I can get my mojo going . Hope you do too. :lol:

kim_s 06-28-2011 09:11 PM

If I made something now chances are I would probably forget about it by Christmas. :oops: I usually make small items, like purses and little make up bags in November/December. Good for you for getting a head start!!

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 06-28-2011 09:16 PM

Ordered Dr. Seuss Christmas panels and I am waiting for flannel backing to arrive to make my little grandchildren cozy Christmas quilts to snuggle under. They both love the Grinch. Have also started a Christmas BOM from my LQS.

leiladylei54 06-28-2011 11:18 PM

I shop and make things all year long. Hate to get stuck in the Christmas rush with all the late shoppers. I can enjoy myself once Thanksgiving is over and can concentrate on our own decorating, tree and all those lovely Christmas things.

GrannieAnnie 06-28-2011 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by quilterj
I know that it may sound like it is too soon, but time is going fast. Has anyone started christmas gifts yet?
I myself have things in mind. But I have been in one of those slumps for the last 3 months. Hope to pull my head out of the sand here real soon.

Absolutely! I've got fabric assembled and sorted for making about 125 of the quilted star ornaments posted on GB last fall. They will be gifts for the kids at a church school in a tornado area. I completed three or so do determine how time consuming they'd be.

And last winter I put all my prints away for making another few dozen of the Christmas stocking mug rugs shown here. So, I can grab that bag and start at a moment's notice.

Fannie Fournier 06-29-2011 12:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thisis as far as I have gotten; just picking the center of the angel quilt that I want to do. I posted it elsewhere, but I have to design around it. I saw some quilts at the Omaha show thread that gave me ideas. I guess I need to start drawing it out.

sarahrachel 06-29-2011 02:14 AM

I started hand quilting one of my mom's quilts for her for christmas, she doesn't know as it's been in her closet unfinished for the last 10 years. I also have 3 other people I need to make quilts for and am planning patterns in my head. I'm going to need to get started soon!

Moonglow 06-29-2011 03:13 AM

May start some Christmas projects next month.

pipp5 06-29-2011 03:47 AM

Who doesn't love Christmas in July??? Well almost! I definitely plan to start this summer. Last year I didn't get started until the week before Christmas and then sewed like a madwoman to get it all done!

Baysidegal 06-29-2011 04:25 AM

I'm crocheting blankets right now for my grandbabies (6,7,8 yrs). I have also cut out a couple of throw size quilts but have not had time to piece them yet...Yikes!! It's almost July LOL