Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Chubby Charmer tote? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/chubby-charmer-tote-t182521.html)

gingerd 03-12-2012 05:15 AM

Chubby Charmer tote?

I've emailed the company but both people have "out of office" responses on their emails. Any wisdom please?

Has anyone made one of these? I haven't made a tote before and am reading thru the directions. It talks about laying out the squares in a 6 across/4 down pattern. It only talks about doing this once. I'm guessing I do this twice and at some point piece the sections together.

Any other tips for making this tote?

Thanks so much ladies!

Handcraftsbyjen 03-12-2012 06:24 AM

It has been a while since I made it but if I remember correctly, yes, you do it twice, once for the front and once for the back.

Handcraftsbyjen 03-12-2012 06:28 AM

I just glanced at Quilts Illustrates site and there is one correction noted for Chubby Charmer. I wish I could fin my patten to help you more.

gingerd 03-12-2012 06:50 AM

Thanks much--I don't much care for the fabric that they've used for the photo, but I've looked around and seen it done with other fabric that I like much better.

I appreciate your help!

GrannieAnnie 03-12-2012 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by gingerd (Post 5052698)
I've emailed the company but both people have "out of office" responses on their emails. Any wisdom please?

Has anyone made one of these? I haven't made a tote before and am reading thru the directions. It talks about laying out the squares in a 6 across/4 down pattern. It only talks about doing this once. I'm guessing I do this twice and at some point piece the sections together.

Any other tips for making this tote?

Thanks so much ladies!

When I pulled up "Chubby Charmer tote" on google, I saw a tote that is 4 squares wide by 3 deep on the side showing-----------do the other 4 x 3 would form the back. I'd have guessed it would have to be 4 wide by 7 long altogether to allow for a base for the bag------or perhaps the bottom and sides are an additional piece.

gingerd 03-12-2012 07:37 AM

Thanks--I did that too and couldn't tell on the sides if there are 2 or 3 squares on the sides.

I wish some patterns were more descriptive. I know, people do the best they can, but they need to remember that not everyone makes these things daily. They need to write them from the perspective of someone who hasn't ever sewed.

GrannieAnnie 03-12-2012 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by gingerd (Post 5053114)
Thanks--I did that too and couldn't tell on the sides if there are 2 or 3 squares on the sides.

I wish some patterns were more descriptive. I know, people do the best they can, but they need to remember that not everyone makes these things daily. They need to write them from the perspective of someone who hasn't ever sewed.

That's where I have a problem. I can see the pic and pretty well put together a very similar bag with NO PATTERN and no instructions. I can guess at the sides and bottom and come fairly close to what is intended. But tell someone else---------------------probably not