Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cincinnati here I come.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cincinnati-here-i-come-t181332.html)

redmadder 03-02-2012 02:51 AM

Cincinnati here I come....

I'll be there three days, can anyone tell me where the good shops are? Ya'll know I'm a rural Georgian, I've only been to Cleveland and was surprised to find it has a lake.

nanac 03-02-2012 04:36 AM

Cincinnati quilt stores

Not sure what part of Cincinnati you are going to, or how far away you want to travel, but there are some nice ones around. Aunt Ruth's Quilt Store (Sharonville) on Reading Road is one, and Sew Eazy also on Reading Road is another. In Hamilton (about 20 min away) is Bella Quilts on Main Street - they have some beautiful fabrics, and lots of cool gadgets. In Waynesville (about 35 min away) is The Fabric Shack, again, with lots of gorgeous fabrics. In Burlington, KY (about 20 min south of the state line from Cincy) is Cabin Arts - it's a couple of blocks off the main drag, but easy to get to, and just chock full of fabrics. I have been to all of these stores, and have not been disappointed in any of them.

redmadder 03-02-2012 07:04 AM

From the map Cincinnati looks like Atlanta. We call I-285 the watermelon 500. Anyway, I'm staying in the NE quadrant, then driving south down I-75 on the way home. Thanks, nanac. Now to get on mapquest. When my son says "What would you like to do today", I have the answer.

Bonbonary 03-02-2012 04:56 PM

I agree with manac. Those are great quilt shops here in Cincinnati. Sew Easy is on the same road as Aunt Ruth's, but if you're looking it up, the street name changes to Lebanon Road. Another one is Seams Sew Easy on Mack Rd in Fairfield which is a bit further north, but a fun shop if you can make it. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Pam B 03-02-2012 07:07 PM

Thank you so much for starting this thread! Our daughter and son-in-law currently live in Fairfield, OH...he works in Cincy and she is a grad student at Miami U in Oxford. They have lived there since July and we have been to visit them a few times. I figured there were some quilt shops... Yay! I can a see a trip to visit her later this month!

Maggiesmom 03-02-2012 07:15 PM

I do hope if she was on the road today that she made it safely to Cincinnati. What weather we have had in the mid south and along the Ohio River.

117becca 03-02-2012 07:27 PM

Are you staying in the Tri-County area?? Head up to Waynesville to Fabric Shack!!! and there's antiquing, too,. You can make almost an entire day in Waynesville. About 30 min N of 275& 75.....

Looking forward to quilt show in Lebanon tomorrow.

Teacup 03-03-2012 04:32 AM

I definitely agree with the Fabric Shack! Don't miss it. They sell fabric through a website as well.

117becca 03-03-2012 05:02 AM

I'm heading to Waynesville this afternoon after the quilt show in Lebanon. I wish 9:30 would hurry up and get here so I can leave!! LOL!!!

Raggiemom 03-03-2012 07:13 AM

Stitches Quilt Shop, 16 Village Square, Cincinnati 45249, maybe 10 minutes from Aunt Ruth's. The square has several cute shops on it.