Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Class problems (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/class-problems-t307733.html)

Peckish 11-04-2019 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts (Post 8322859)
I'm one of "those" that catches on super quick and is the first or second one done, even if I haven't prepared everything before hand. I don't however brag about it or make it a race ... I will very willingly help anyone who asks for assistance so the teacher can help out others.

Be careful with this. I did it once and the teacher bit my head off. Said that was her job, not mine. :shock: Poor woman sitting next to me who had asked me the question felt sooooo bad.

MarionsQuilts 11-04-2019 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 8322918)
Be careful with this. I did it once and the teacher bit my head off. Said that was her job, not mine. :shock: Poor woman sitting next to me who had asked me the question felt sooooo bad.

Wow! I would have had a comeback for the teacher! It's one thing if there are only 2-4 people in the class, but I usually attend classes of 10-15 people, and there's no way a teacher can keep up with everyone. The instructors that I have encountered have always seemed to welcome the additional help!

Valeriekat 11-05-2019 03:17 PM

Bonnie Hunter classes are just lovely. Yes you do learn but it is like being on an outing with friends. You will love it.
Valerie

Valeriekat 11-05-2019 03:19 PM

I so agree with the "being" as important as the "doing"
Valerie

Mimosa91 11-06-2019 03:09 AM

Try getting yourself "warmed up" with your cutting and sewing skills...You will go in to
the class with a better state of mind because you know that you can do it. And remember
some people are really fast and even might know the pattern already ! And some just
feel they are in a race !

Battle Axe 11-06-2019 03:41 AM

When I was teaching 1st and 2nd grade, a master teacher was called in to help me with this one little girl. We were trying to learn to walk in a line or march. This little cutie could not take the first step. The master teacher determined that she was opposite head and foot. I can't remember which was which, but it was like she was right brained and left handed and footed. If you stand the kids up and ask them to take one step forward, most can do that. But this little girl could not decide which foot to use first and she just froze there. This made her terribly clumsy as she was forever falling down. Most right handed people start out with their right foot, it's all hooked together in the brain.

I don't think that this is your problem but it reminded me of that.

bearisgray 11-06-2019 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mimosa91 (Post 8323483)
Try getting yourself "warmed up" with your cutting and sewing skills...You will go in to
the class with a better state of mind because you know that you can do it. And remember
some people are really fast and even might know the pattern already ! And some just
feel they are in a race !

And there are "some" that buy the book/pattern, make the item twice, and then come to class. :o

And at the other extreme, there are some that bring their sewing machine to class in a box - and this is their first machine- ever!