Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cleaning up our sewing areas! Let's Start! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cleaning-up-our-sewing-areas-lets-start-t32793.html)

judyq 02-05-2010 06:52 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Oh I wish I had a touch of that 'staying tidy' syndrome! LOL But, after all this clean up, I'm sure going to try. Another challenge for me was trying to learn to machine quilt and stop the drag of my quilts. I finally purchased a better machine but still couldn't stop the drag on my quilts. Here's some pics showing what I started with that didn't work and what I ended up with. I think and think of what I need and am 'tenatious' until I figure it out. (last pic showing results in next message)

ok..move nd now we are level & comfortable
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31766[/ATTACH]

YAY... it works!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32171[/ATTACH]

this is the way it started...trying to be level
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32300[/ATTACH]

new table didn't prevent drag yet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33762[/ATTACH]

shaverg 02-05-2010 08:34 AM

Yea, good job JudyQ.

judyq 02-05-2010 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by shaverg
Yea, good job JudyQ.

Thank you so much! What a difference this has made! I've been quilting for awhile and I am actually enjoying it now! No more major battles between me and the quilt! :thumbup:

Oklahoma Suzie 02-05-2010 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by judyq

Originally Posted by shaverg
Yea, good job JudyQ.

Thank you so much! What a difference this has made! I've been quilting for awhile and I am actually enjoying it now! No more major battles between me and the quilt! :thumbup:

I know what you mean. I need to get a table too.

Mousie 02-12-2010 12:10 PM

well, when this thread first started I was already in the process of cleaning/reorganizing.
I have not only been sick, but seems I am having great difficulty posting pics now, and of course I am not finished with the things I want to do with the sew-cave.
So, until something changes and I get things done, I won't be posting any pics, but sure enjoy seeing others.

skpkatydid 02-12-2010 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by judyq
This is so cool!!! I started going thru my box of scraps this morning. Am working on getting different size strips and squares put in order. I must create caos to clear caos! Does that make any sense??? LOL

Yes that makes perfect sense.

life is sweet 02-12-2010 02:41 PM

cleaning my room has really snowballed! I began sorting scraps and packing boxes of "giveaways". So far so good. However, I came across fabrics that called out to be stitched together so I ended up beginning yet another scrap quilt. Then I added some batiks to the mixture and that forced me to begin a second quilt all out of batiks. The next thing I knew I was in my LQS buying MORE batiks to fill in the gaps of the scrap quilt I'd started in an effort to use up my scraps! What a cycle! But what fun! I now have my batiks strung all over my room so I can enjoy each and every one. And the new batik scrap quilt is gorgeous!

judyq 02-12-2010 03:25 PM

would love to see photos, life is sweet!

peaceandjoy 02-12-2010 04:01 PM

DH is moving furniture in DD's room. Well, not so much her room - she's 24 and has lived in another state for 3 years. He's taking out her bed, putting in a sleeper sofa. Has to take out a dresser. Just heard him muttering about finding more quilting stuff in the dresser. Uh oh, busted.

Well, I had asked about making it my quilting room and he didn't want to - so he'll just have to live with my having stuff everywhere!

craftybear 02-12-2010 04:05 PM

Hi,

You got busted with your quilting goodies. That is funny! Why don't you just make it your quilting room. You can tell hubby that you can just close the door and it will be your room.

Karen

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
DH is moving furniture in DD's room. Well, not so much her room - she's 24 and has lived in another state for 3 years. He's taking out her bed, putting in a sleeper sofa. Has to take out a dresser. Just heard him muttering about finding more quilting stuff in the dresser. Uh oh, busted.

Well, I had asked about making it my quilting room and he didn't want to - so he'll just have to live with my having stuff everywhere!