Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cleaning up our sewing areas! Let's Start! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cleaning-up-our-sewing-areas-lets-start-t32793.html)

sewmom 01-08-2010 01:32 PM

PRQ, the sad thing is- i haven't really done a lot of scrapbooking. i have so many years of stuff to organize. I've done a couple small scrapbooks for special occasions-mostly just collected supplies. someday maybe.

watterstide 01-08-2010 01:37 PM

Scrapbooking?! I have a basement full of the stuff..i am going to sell most of it whenever i get done with this sewing room. I did and sold pages for a few years..you just add your own pictures, i loved it. had no grandkids at the time..lol!

hokieappmom 01-08-2010 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by watterstide
Scrapbooking?! I have a basement full of the stuff..i am going to sell most of it whenever i get done with this sewing room. I did and sold pages for a few years..you just add your own pictures, i loved it. had no grandkids at the time..lol!

Ah hah. And here's another stamper with a load of supplies. Used to be addicted to making cards, but haven't made many lately. I couldn't figure out how to organize all my stamps so I knew what I had. Finally saw where someone used a mail sorter. I got my DH to build me two large cases with removable shelves. Then I took pictures of all my stamps and organized them in a notebook. Each shelf is numbered and my notebook shows what is on each shelf. That works out great. 've been organizing my whole craft area for about two months and am about ready to post some pics.

sewmom 01-08-2010 02:28 PM

My neighbor has the sweetest husband. She makes cards and he made her little narrow shelves to hold all her stamps. It's kind of like they have in Michaels. all her stamps are on the wall over her two tiered worktable- so she can stamp standing up. it's really nice.

kat112000 01-08-2010 02:40 PM

I used to stamp and scrapbook as well as quilting, but could only afford one addiction so I gave up all my scraping/stamping stuff to a young woman who was just starting out. Let me tell you, she got a motherload of stuff!!!

PineyRiverQuilter 01-08-2010 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think we're all soul mates! Love the creativity wherever it comes (although I'm an adequate cook, I don't create new dishes, unless they are by accident). Here's my new scrapping center. Although I've added my laptop, and printer to the table. Will have to move those if I need to really make cards, etc. I do most of my scrapping on the computer now with digital files; however love to add embellishments (another obsession).

Oh, I forgot, there's also a tv on this table now. Wishing I had a flatscreen that would mount to the wall. Maybe when I get my first Soc. Sec. check, I'll treat myself.

Scrapping center
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64426[/ATTACH]

Mousie 01-08-2010 03:03 PM

well, I have a five foot dresser, that has 8 drawers.
Then I have a 3 drawer organizer on wheels, that slides up under one of my tables.
I emptied the blue 3 -dr. organizer into the 8 drawer dresser.
Now to transfer all my scraps to the three drawers in the blue organizer.
I will be able to sit in my swivel chair and pull it out and drool while sifting through my scraps. Plus, this will free up some containers on a shelf.
I never throw any...ANY, fabric away. If I can't applique, landscape, whatever with it,...it goes for stuffing pillows, etc. Even thread snips go for stuffing.
It's only one step, but one + one + one.... :wink:

hokieappmom 01-08-2010 03:47 PM

6 Attachment(s)
quote=kat112000]I used to stamp and scrapbook as well as quilting, but could only afford one addiction so I gave up all my scraping/stamping stuff to a young woman who was just starting out. Let me tell you, she got a motherload of stuff!!![/quote]

Here goes for posting pictures of my sewing/craft room. It's downstairs on the unfinished side of our basement, but I love it because I don't have to clean up or put away if I don't feel like it after a long day of sewing. Rarely does anyone go there but me, except for my DH to make sure I'm still breathing. He calls it "the dungeon", because that is where I am every available minute.

entrance into sewing area
[ATTACH=CONFIG]41060[/ATTACH]

stamping supplies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64539[/ATTACH]

batting and misc
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64617[/ATTACH]

cutting table
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64691[/ATTACH]

sewing supplies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64692[/ATTACH]

more fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64694[/ATTACH]

shaverg 01-08-2010 03:53 PM

Spent a couple hours this week. Almost done.

hokieappmom 01-08-2010 04:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by hokieappmom
quote=kat112000]I used to stamp and scrapbook as well as quilting, but could only afford one addiction so I gave up all my scraping/stamping stuff to a young woman who was just starting out. Let me tell you, she got a motherload of stuff!!!

Here goes for posting pictures of my sewing/craft room. It's downstairs on the unfinished side of our basement, but I love it because I don't have to clean up or put away if I don't feel like it after a long day of sewing. Rarely does anyone go there but me, except for my DH to make sure I'm still breathing. He calls it "the dungeon", because that is where I am every available minute.[/quote]

lost connection while trying to send pictures so here goes again

removable stamping shelves
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64458[/ATTACH]

ironing website
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64459[/ATTACH]

quilting frame
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64460[/ATTACH]