Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Closet Quilter, Group or Guild??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/closet-quilter-group-guild-t208189.html)

Wonnie 12-12-2012 09:33 AM

Closet quilter...have thought about a guild but WA_A_A_A_Y to much negative spin back, At 75 I don't need the stress and, the way I feel about it, if it's good enough for me I don't need the critique of others because I'm my own worst critic. Would love to have a group of ladies that just get together once a month to chat and quilt but no one in this little community shows any interest whatsoever. I did join and am currently participating in a Round Robin Row on this site and I absolutely love it. The people I quilt "with" are of all different personalities and from various parts of the country which is fun and they're all very nice.

IBQLTN 12-12-2012 09:50 AM

At home or with a small group of friends.

The guilds I would consider joining are all during daytime and the nightime guilds are too far away. Guild meetings can be fun and informative but I still like having a hands on time with my friends. We try to do this one Saturday a month at my church.

I don't really go to classes much anymore. The last couple of classes I took were disappointing.

I guess I just haven't connected with a shop that has a friendly, non-specific machine branded atmosphere since we moved here (7 years ago).

cat2quilt 12-12-2012 11:05 AM

I would love to find a group or quild close to me but for the time being, I am a lone quilter. Some of my friends admire my work but have not interest in joining me.

mtngrl 12-12-2012 11:47 AM

Love your replies! It's been fun to see how everyone views guilds, groups etc. We don't have a LQS in our small city, we have to travel 70 miles to the nearest ones in small towns, so no classes available other than from our guilds or groups. I too have too many projects on my bucket list to be adding guild ones, I enjoy the encouragement of fellow quilters though as none of my friends quilt. The general theme I'm getting here is that you all love the Quilting Board, I totally agree. There is a real pull to spend time here instead of quilting though;)

denveremerson 12-12-2012 12:13 PM

Closet quilter here.

GheckoAZ 12-12-2012 12:19 PM

I'm a Closet Quilter that belongs to a guild. Closet Quilter's is the name of our chapter. We do hand work at our meetings so my machine piecing is done at home.

cowgirlquilter 12-12-2012 12:20 PM

Closet quilter..........as I need quiet time. I am a school administrator....need I say more?

IAmCatOwned 12-12-2012 01:32 PM

Closet quilter. I've tried established groups but you always feel a bit of an outsider.

nclauri 12-12-2012 02:06 PM

I quilt at home alone and take to work to show off :-)

solstice3 12-12-2012 02:07 PM

I quilt at home or with a friend from time to time. All the groups/guilds meet when I am at work