Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Clover Stack and store (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/clover-stack-store-t161117.html)

kwiltnutt 10-17-2011 10:02 AM

Does anyone have one of these for bobbin storage. I would think it would get dusty when not storing bobbins in a drawer. Anyone?

QuiltnNan 10-17-2011 10:06 AM

i keep my bobbins in enclosed storage.

BellaBoo 10-17-2011 10:26 AM

I won one of these in a blog give away last year. I like because it holds a lot of bobbins and doesn't take up much room. I haven't noticed the bobbins getting dusty. I can pop off a round and have the bobbins secure to take along.

CompulsiveQuilter 10-17-2011 01:31 PM

I bought one and simply hated it. The "levels" popped apart when I didn't want them to and the bobbins with little thread on them wobbled around in the holder. Now I put my bobbins in pedicure toe-separators and I can throw them in a box without worrying about them falling out.

pattypurple 10-17-2011 05:21 PM

I bought one and gave it away. Hated it. The threads were constantly hanging out and the sections kept coming apart. I've gone back to daily pill containers

auntpiggylpn 10-17-2011 08:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This is my system for storing my spools and bobbins. I like to keep my bobbins with the spool of thread that they came from. I bought the Bobbin Mates from Clotilde and the Bobbin Wraps from Amazon. I have my thread stored on spool racks hung on the wall next to my machine.

wvdek 10-17-2011 09:16 PM

This is my system for storing my spools and bobbins. I like to keep my bobbins with the spool of thread that they came from. I bought the Bobbin Mates from Clotilde and the Bobbin Wraps from Amazon. I have my thread stored on spool racks hung on the wall next to my machine.
Glad you asked this as I saw one today on sale and was wondering. I currently use two Bobbin Savers and use the plastic tubing cut to size for the bobbins to keep the ends from unraveling. Don't care for this, but use it cuz it's there.
I like your system. How do you keep the dust off and do you find these racks strong enough?

auntpiggylpn 10-17-2011 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek

Glad you asked this as I saw one today on sale and was wondering. I currently use two Bobbin Savers and use the plastic tubing cut to size for the bobbins to keep the ends from unraveling. Don't care for this, but use it cuz it's there.
I like your system. How do you keep the dust off and do you find these racks strong enough?

I just run a swiffer over the thread often. And I have had no problems with the racks being strong enough. I purchased the racks at Joann's. I want to say they are June Taylor but I don't see any labels on the front of them and I don't want to take them off the wall. Also, the racks are on the same wall as my window (actually right next to the window) so they don't get any direct sunlight either.

sewbeadit 10-17-2011 10:37 PM

I keep my thread and bobbins in a small tote so it doesn't get dirty.

woody 10-18-2011 03:19 AM

I have to keep my bobbins in something with a lid or else my Quaker Parrot steals them :lol: :lol: :lol: , I can't use a pin cushion for the same reason :?