Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   COLD FEET (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cold-feet-t127634.html)

Carol Jean 06-02-2011 08:25 PM

Think it over and check out all the available options, features, and accessories. I love my long arm but it was a big expense. Researching helped me a lot before I purchased one. There were many different ones I tried before I made the final decision. Everyone has different styles of quilting, etc. Hope this helps.

blueangel 06-02-2011 08:36 PM

I am sure you are going to love it and turn out beautiful quilts.

OneMoreQuilt 06-02-2011 08:45 PM

I know exactly how you feel. I was very nervous about making the final decision to order my Gammill....even though I wanted it more than anything. I will tell you that I love, love, love it and have never, ever regretted the decision to buy it! Good Luck and Happy Quilting.

Airwick156 06-02-2011 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by cizzors
Sorry, but if there is the slightest doubt or feelings of guilt, I would wait.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. If in doubt wait it out.

medots 06-02-2011 08:53 PM

We have all had cold feet, when making the jump. I really douted my self when I up graded to the vision on my Gammill.
I haven't had time to pratce much but so far I think it will be great.
Marilee

Dolphyngyrl 06-02-2011 09:28 PM

I say for something that expensive, you need to be completely sure. I'm sure you'll love it, but its like buying a car its a big investment and you don't want to regret buying something you don't like.

Lavada 06-03-2011 03:38 AM

went to gammil in west plains missouri decided i like hand quilting better but even tho its expensive lifes short try new things there is always someone who will buy it from you if you decide it;s not for you

Tinabodina 06-03-2011 03:42 AM

I was the same way and when my DH was putting it together the thought crossed my mind (for only a brief moment) to send it back; but now that I have had it for 6 weeks.......

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEE MMMYY

AAAVVVEEEENNNNNNTTTTTEEEEE!!!!!!

I smile even when I walk by it. You will too.

grann of 6 06-03-2011 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
As I am getting a little closer to getting my longarm, I'm beginning to realize the value of a dollar. I am getting a little scared about spending so much money on something that I don't know if I'm going to like or not. I know I'll probably love it and want to spend all my time "playing" with it. But, still, it is a lot of money. I don't have any place close by that lets you rent a machine. And, I don't know anyone close to me that has one that I could practice on. I just have my one 10 minute experience at a quilt show on the Nolte. So, please. Somebody help me out here and tell me how much I'm going to love it!!!

I got mine just before Easter and love it. I too tried some out at the Lancaster Quilt show. I got mine from my Husqvarna Viking dealer because I wanted someone close by to help me through any problems I may have. I am glad I did that because I had a problem with it a week after I got it and had to send it for repair. Now I love it. Biggest problem I see is that I need to make several tops at a time so I can quilt one right after another. There is a huge learning curve for me, but I am getting much better at meandering. You need to have confidence in yourself. Life is short and you can't take it with you (money) so enjoy life as you want to.

ka9sdn 06-03-2011 03:53 AM

When you decide to buy be sure there is a help line you can call for help. As an ex. I have an HQ (Handi Quilter) with a local dealer but they have a 800 number I can call with any question (and I have) and they help you out. That is a big selling point for me as I was new with noone around to get help from at the time.