Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Colors being used in Current quilt project? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/colors-being-used-current-quilt-project-t102410.html)

Edie 02-24-2011 04:03 AM

I am doing dark teal, light teal, olive green, tan and beige. It is my sampler quilt, using three different fabric designs, one solid beige, one light print of teal flowers and the other is a dark teal background with beige flowers and dark olive green leaves. It is from the Clara Barton collection by Windham. Now I find out I can't get either of the prints, so I have to work around it. I have seventeen 12" blocks made and 36 to go, and I know I don't have enough fabric, so I will either cut back or get another solid print to fill in with a solid block. Don't know yet. The LQS didn't figure out correctly how much fabric I would need. So here I sit, wondering if I will even get it finished. It is a super special quilt for my husband and I as a remembrance of our 50th anniversary. Oh, it'll work out one way or the other. I'll make it work out! Edie

grann of 6 02-24-2011 04:03 AM

I am working on several; aren't we all?
Am working on a big one, greens, yellows, teals, blacks, browns, its Origins by Moda
Then some Quilts for Kids in the usual brights with black backgrounds
And then I just put together a Jelly roll 1600 in purple batiks

fabric whisperer 02-24-2011 04:24 AM

one Red-White-Blue
one yellow & kids floral/butterfly (pink/blue)
one hot pink & black
one totally scrappy (using up many scraps to make a scrappy pinwheel, and daughter, 12, making one too... we've emptied one whole scrap bin!!!) :)
Then on to black & gold

uniquelynancy 02-24-2011 04:30 AM

I'm using a dark blue batik with multiple brights.

Wendys Quilts 02-24-2011 04:34 AM

I am using 6" squares, Civil War print and making a Disappearing 9 Patch with them. However, they sure are so pretty just as a 9 Patch lol....I might decide to not cut them into DNP :)

suesembroidery 02-24-2011 04:37 AM

I'm sewing pillow covers for my sister's with my daddy's old ties. I am going to surprise them with a gift they forgot I have. Daddy passed away in 97.

JNCT14 02-24-2011 04:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Mine has navy, black, and white, with deep yellow borders.......Ugggggly!, LOL!

It's for my DD's husband Bert, of the Military Barracks Quilt Project fame. She designed it, wanted it to replicate his "device" which is his "family crest" (self-designed) chosen for their medieval reenactment hobby. Her "device" is the yellow borders with the star-thingy. That's all set-in with "Y" seams.

I'll have to make something quick, small, spring-fresh and floral after this one, just to clear the "taste" of this from my eyes!!! Never have made such a (personally) unpleasant quilt, LOL! To each his own!

Jan in VA

Jan. don't feel bad - I have a similar project for DD - acid green, acid yellow and black/white. UGH. Making Baltimore Blocks (there's another thread on those) just to keep my eyes from hurting!

1barron 02-24-2011 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
I'm in the binding stage of a scrappy monotone lavender/purple for my neice's baby. It's a contemporary design, which I haven't done before.
To rest, I do a few days of flying geese from scraps, building up to the completed-top stage.
Next is finishing the border stage of a sampler with so many colors it's ridiculous - mostly autumn.
Next are 4 "somethings" small crazy quilt projects using my dad's ties.
And next ... and next ... and next ... and next. lol

Me too on the.. And next ... and next ... and next ... and next.

Mazda 02-24-2011 05:29 AM

What is D9P? Remember, I am new to quilting!

1barron 02-24-2011 05:29 AM

The colors on mine that are started:

Double Irish Chain in Black, Medium Purple and Light Yellow. This is a charity quilt for the Music Booster to sell chances on. Colors were picked for the school colors.

Magic Carpet Ride (Easter Egg Quilt as my DD call it) in Light colors of blue, green, pink and yellow AND

a scrappy quilt I won't even start with all the colors in it. Although, the solid block is a medium blue.