Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Come Quilt wit me Today - 8/19 (Sorry it's late!!) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/come-quilt-wit-me-today-8-19-sorry-its-late-t198051.html)

athenagwis 08-19-2012 06:44 AM

Come Quilt wit me Today - 8/19 (Sorry it's late!!)

Sorry this is so late everyone!! And thanks to krista who started a thread for me, but I figured I'd start one myself since most people look for one from me. Late night last night and I slept in. :) :) :)

So no rules for today!! Just tell us what your goals are (were) then come back here throughout the day and tell us how you are doing and check in on everyone else too. That's it!! :) :) A fun way to get some sewing done and get some of those projects finished up.

My goal for today is to work on my applique quilt that I started quite some time ago.

So what are you working on today?

Cheers!
Rachel

Granny Quilter 08-19-2012 06:56 AM

I'm hand quilting a High Stepping" wallhanging for a great niece.

labeelady 08-19-2012 07:13 AM

I'll be working on a border and sandwiching my latest twister project. After that I really need to sort out fabric and pull out what I need for for another project. Or maybe I can start machine quilting something.

auntpiggylpn 08-19-2012 07:18 AM

I'm starting really late today! I have a quilt that I will be gifting on Friday that needs the binding sewn to the back. I am a machine binder but I really like the looks of hand binding so I am going to bite the bullet on this one and sew it on by hand. I have it all folded over and Clover Clipped. I need to work on some doggie neckerchiefs for MIL's therapy dog. Have to leave in a couple hours to let said doggie out.

Pam B 08-19-2012 07:30 AM

Today I will finish 2 of my Stitcher's Garden blocks and also finish my granddaughter's quilt. May also take a nap since I have a terrible head cold.

Raggiemom 08-19-2012 07:33 AM

Good morning all! My goals for today are to finish machine binding 3 quilts, finish a doll quilt, attach borders to the Irish Mist quilt, and finish the quilt top from Accent on Angles.

frustratedquilter40 08-19-2012 07:50 AM

Good Morning everyone! I need to work on some swap blocks today while it is cool i my sewing room has no air cond. and it has finally cooled off. Anyways I had to create a paper piece pattern based on a regular pieced block pattern pieces took me most of yesterday(do not usually do this) but needed to make this block. Long story short I have 1 quarter of the block completed will post a pick if I get the block done.
Happy Sewing Everyone!!

kristakz 08-19-2012 07:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hoping my thread will die quietly, now that Rachel has started the official one. So I'm cross posting my plea for help on this thread.

I just pulled out all the finished blocks for my BOM, and I discovered that I have sewed half of my connecting blocks together in mirror image Now I have to decide - redesign the quilt, or do a *lot* of ripping. Help! please look below, and tell me which you prefer. The blue/red block in the upper row is reversed in the 2 pictures. Do you like the symmetrical alternating light/dark (pic 1), or the all dark (pic 2) around the middle block?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]356557[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]356556[/ATTACH]

athenagwis 08-19-2012 07:57 AM

Sounds like everyone is off to a good start!! I can't wait to see pics!!

Rachel

athenagwis 08-19-2012 07:59 AM

Ooooh Krista I love the blocks!! :) I wouldn't change them (but unsewing gives me hives, so that may just be me) I think you can find a nice way to still make them work!!

Rachel