Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 6/24 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/come-virtually-quilt-me-today-6-24-a-t192631.html)

QuiltinginSD 06-24-2012 08:45 AM

Joining you! I'm headed down to the sewing room to work on 2 mug rugs for a swap I'm in. I can't decide what they should look like, so I'll be doing some experimenting. I'll try to post pics of my sewing room later on.

athenagwis 06-24-2012 08:46 AM

My room

1 Attachment(s)
I am currently working on 5 blocks from my Geese in the Forest quilt. Here is a picture of my working space, it's a small corner in my bedroom. :) I am hoping to have pics of my blocks soon.

Cheers!
Rachel

ontheriver 06-24-2012 08:53 AM

I've been up since 7, not dressed as I have also declared today a pajama day for me since for once I do not have to go out anywhere today. Put dinner in the crock pot so I don't have to stop to make dinner. My goal for today is to put together the blocks for my basket weave strings quilt I am making from free pattern on Quiltville. I also plan to cut the pieces needed to make the bricks and stepping stones pattern.

leakus 06-24-2012 09:00 AM

Progress check!
My top is almost ready. I will attach a border then to sandwich. I am not cooking lunch- DH turn!

Tweety2911 06-24-2012 09:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Loved reading all your projects for today and enjoyed the pictures. I will try to add pictures here.
I have company coming over and had to stop sewing. I did get the first border sewn on my quilt top and plan to join the wof strips to make the 2nd border later tonight. My sewing cabinet is set up in my entry way. My stash and longarm are in it's own room (which is too small to have my sewing machine set up. I cut things at my dining table and iron at the breakfast nook. Scattered around, yes, get exercise, you bet. On my long arm I had some backing left over and decided to add leftover batting pieces and muslin on top to practice some feathers and leaves. When I grow up I want to be able to quilt like all the wonderful quilters here on QB!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]344329[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]344333[/ATTACH]

Theodora 06-24-2012 09:09 AM

10:10 in CA, chores done, roast in the oven, ready to go sew! My iPad can't upload pix, but my sewing room looks like some of yours, very busy place. Last week-end I bought a pattern and fabrics for a bag at my LQS, inspired by the store sample. It's from a tiger panel, will let you know how it comes out.

DogHouseMom 06-24-2012 09:10 AM

KristaKZ - love that braid, and love the blocks on your wall!

Chicca ... WOW on those little applique pieces! That is going to be awesome!

Just got back from the LQS as I needed more steam-a-seam. True to nature, that's not all I came home with (batting, 3 fabrics and a pattern for a dress I'll make for my 2 yr old grand-daughter).

Ok, back to the sewing room I go.

franc36 06-24-2012 09:22 AM

Just checking in. My goal today is to cut out everything needed to make "Paris Market", a queen size quilt adapted from a design by Gerri Robinson, The pattern is in McCall's Quick Quilts, June/July 2012. Before early church, I was able to cut out 100 2 1/2 inch squares. Before going to the Wellness Center for exercise, I cut out 150 more squares. I've finished lunch, so now all I have to do is quilt with all of you! If I should get everything cut out, I have two applique blocks that I need to finish.

PokerDiva 06-24-2012 09:55 AM

Could have been done by now if I would quit checking up on everyone else. The center of my quilt is all put together so I am going to go have lunch then put the borders on. You will not hear from me again until those pesky borders are in place and I can take a pic. Keep on working.

Chasing Hawk 06-24-2012 10:00 AM

well today my plans are.......

To finish one sundress for Raiden and cut out several little summer tops and two more sundresses for Raiden and her little sister Bella.