Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   connecting threads "seconds" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/connecting-threads-%22seconds%22-t110288.html)

wolfkitty 03-24-2011 10:40 AM

Connecting Threads has always been great, so I just tried it. Wish you hadn't told me about it! :) :) :)

KimmieH 03-24-2011 10:48 AM

im here to enable anytime LOL

Originally Posted by wolfkitty
Connecting Threads has always been great, so I just tried it. Wish you hadn't told me about it! :) :) :)

blossom808 03-24-2011 10:54 AM

learning something new again. thanks for the information.

CarrieAnne 03-24-2011 11:00 AM

LOL, now I need to check it out!

jrhboxers 03-24-2011 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by KimmieH
Has anyone ever purchased their fabrics that are "seconds"?
They sell for approx $2.50 yard which is great, but just wondering just how defective they are?
I can work with a little here or there...but not if a major flaw.

advice>>?
thanks!
Kim

I have bought them several times and LOVE them. But of course I love all of their fabrics. My most recent purchase was of small cream print for the background of my CW DJ. I bought 8 yards at $2.50 ea. And I have spread out the ENTIRE 8 yrds salvege to salvege and have yet to find the error. I bought it figuring that there were so few places that any design on the background would show on the 5" blocks that it wouldn't matter.

But I have also bought the 2nds before and have never been able to find the flaws. Oh well, guess if they decide that I should have it for $2.50 then I'll just take it for $2.50.

Oh, and I also buy alot of their fabrics on clearance. Either by the yard or the kits. 50% off is too hard to pass up.

belmer 03-24-2011 12:24 PM

I have purchased a lot of their clearance fabrics for $2.50 and under. The flaws are so minute that the average person cannot find them. Most of my quilts are not being judged by a quilt expert so I really would rather get a better deal than spend alot of money on fabric prices these days.

belmer 03-24-2011 12:25 PM

I have purchased a lot of their clearance fabrics for $2.50 and under. The flaws are so minute that the average person cannot find them. Most of my quilts are not being judged by a quilt expert so I really would rather get a better deal than spend alot of money on fabric prices these days.

belmer 03-24-2011 12:27 PM

Woops... Sorry about that... a did a double post. I do not understand why that has been happening lately! Hope I don't get into trouble.

dirty1mom 03-24-2011 12:43 PM

I really didn't need to know any of this. Must go look now.

LivelyLady 03-24-2011 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
I got 15 yards and was going to use it for backing. They were very specific about telling you where where the flaw was. When i got the fabric, I looked carefully at each piece and could not find the flaw. Maybe I should return it? It was a FABULOUS deal, their usual quality fabric! I also ordered the matching quilting thread. I would say go for it.

I love CT and now that you have enlightened me to the fabric seconds I'll be placing an order :-)