Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   connecting threads essential cotton thread for long arm? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/connecting-threads-essential-cotton-thread-long-arm-t266528.html)

GagaSmith 06-17-2015 11:27 AM

connecting threads essential cotton thread for long arm?

Have any of you long armers used Connecting Threads Essential cotton thread in your long arm?
They have it on sale for $1.95 for a 1,200 yd spool--sounds too good to be true.
I recently bought an HQ Avante and it says it will use any kind of thread.
Any comments will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Misty's Mom 06-17-2015 12:04 PM

I'd like to know too. I have quite a few spools of their essential cotton too.

Macybaby 06-17-2015 12:36 PM

I bought a lot of it because my Bailey really liked it - better than the expensive thread. Then I upgraded to an HQ Fushion- I've only done one quilt with it, and it did fine. I'm hoping others will chime in - I've been concerned that maybe I should move that thread upstairs and get something different for the HQ Fushion to use.

luvspaper 06-17-2015 12:41 PM

I use it on my HQ16 sitdown and it works great, and I buy the spools. (and thanks for letting me know... I needed to stock up and was waiting for the next sale!)

PaperPrincess 06-17-2015 12:48 PM

I have used it in my longarm and it works just fine. If you use their fabric, the thread is a perfect color match. It's linty so clean the bobbin area often. You need to also match it to your quilting pattern. It's a bit thicker, so I prefer to use it with a quilting pattern that doesn't have a lot of places that you travel back (i.e. stitch back over the same stitch line) because I don't like the look of the thread build up. Also, 1,200 yards doesn't go as far as you would think in a long arm. If you are planning on doing a king, get 2 spools!

Onebyone 06-17-2015 12:53 PM

The Connecting Threads Essential Pro is made for long arms. I like it better then the Essential Cotton. I use it a lot for bobbin thread when I'm piecing because it's thin add strong and very little lint.

dunster 06-17-2015 03:10 PM

I also prefer the Essential Pro (poly thread) for longarming because of the linty nature of the Essential Cotton.

GEMRM 06-17-2015 04:36 PM

I use the cotton spools all the time. I do have a couple of the polyester ones but I haven't tried them yet.

TexasSunshine 06-17-2015 06:21 PM

I use CT cotton threads cones on my LA all the time. The price is great, you do need to clean the bobbin case each time you change the bobbin but that is okay.

quiltsRfun 06-17-2015 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7229819)
The Connecting Threads Essential Pro is made for long arms. I like it better then the Essential Cotton. I use it a lot for bobbin thread when I'm piecing because it's thin add strong and very little lint.

I like it too but there aren't as many colors.