Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Connecting Threads Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/connecting-threads-fabric-t59849.html)

sewhappy30 08-20-2010 01:07 PM

I just placed my first order with connecting threads, ordered the farmer's wife book, and some fabric for it, very good price for layer cake 10" squares I thought, also got some other things.

I'm hoping the fabric is good quality but since the quilt is for myself and the prices was so reasonable I couldn't pass it up. I will be able to make a decision on ordering again after I see this fabric.

I'm glad it sounds like most people are pleased with it.

Jingle 08-20-2010 01:07 PM

Their fabrics are great, threads too. My oldest Daughter bought me a quilt kit for Christmas last year and there was lots of fabrics in it, very good quality also, I made the kit and another scrappy quilt with the leftovers. Even had enough to back the kit, provided my own backing for the scrappy. She bought herself a kit too and we were both very pleased with them.

laureneberhard 08-22-2010 05:24 AM

I did send a link of this thread to Karen at CT. She is aware of all the comments being made here.
I will buy from them even if I have another choice because their products are MADE IN THE USA!!!

eparys 08-22-2010 05:42 AM

I just received four kits from their sale room two weeks ago - It was the first time that I had ordered anything but thread. The kits as said before were generous in yardage, the fabric was quality fabric and a fantastic buy at that.

Already have one bag pieced (three were English paper piecing). Not only was the fabric and pattern there but all the pre-cut hexagons and triangles for the paper piecing!!

I am very impressed and and will not hesitate to purchase from them again!

Candace 08-22-2010 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by laureneberhard
I did send a link of this thread to Karen at CT. She is aware of all the comments being made here.
I will buy from them even if I have another choice because their products are MADE IN THE USA!!!

There are a lot of posts like this and sorry, this isn't true anymore!

Bev 08-22-2010 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Candace

Originally Posted by laureneberhard

There are a lot of posts like this and sorry, this isn't true anymore!

??? you mean they do not carry fabrics made in the USA anymore?

Candace 08-22-2010 08:10 AM

They're outsourcing to Indonesia. You'll notice that it only says using USA grown cotton now....

Bev 08-22-2010 08:52 AM

They're outsourcing to Indonesia. You'll notice that it only says using USA grown cotton now....

No, I hadn't noticed. I guess there's not much anyone can do about this sort of thing. Fabric companies will go wherever they can to find the least expensive, for them, people to produce their goods. :|

JANW 08-22-2010 09:08 AM

I really don't think that is true, because they have only been able to make this happen in the past year and sent out notifications by email to customers, but I would be interested in your source of information

Jeanniejo 08-22-2010 09:19 AM

The only problem I had with CT was a kit that had one piece of fabric that was too small. They over nighted me a new fabric piece. I have been very satisfied with anything I have ordered from them.