Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Connecting Threads Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/connecting-threads-fabric-t59849.html)

Mattee 08-17-2010 12:14 PM

It sounds like I'm in the minority, but I think their fabric is extremely poor quality. I still use it (because it's so cheap) for quick projects that won't be used much, or for things that I don't actually care about very much. If, however, I am putting a lot of time or energy into a project, I pay more elsewhere for better quality fabric. I can see through their fabric which I find to be very thin. It's about the quality I would expect for fabric given that it costs less than $5 per yard. I have based my opinion, by the way, on dozens of fabrics that I have purchased from them either as yardage or as part of kits. They have several kits I would like to order, but I just am not willing to put that much time into a project with such poor quality fabric.

I have also had trouble with their customer service. Specifically, several occasions on which they failed to resolve technical issues which were keeping me from being able to order on their website. They failed to respond to me at all, or in a timely manner, and were unhelpful and unsympathetic to my inability to order.

Mattee

iltoaz 08-17-2010 12:19 PM

I have ordered both yardage and kits from CT. I have found the fabric is suitable for heavy use items such as tote bags and quilts. The sale prices are actually very good.

bjnicholson 08-17-2010 12:22 PM

Everyone seems to like their service, such as replacing wrong colors or spots on the fabric, etc.

brookemarie19 08-17-2010 12:50 PM

I haven't bought any fabric from them, but the book I got was shipped very fast.

jbud2 08-17-2010 12:53 PM

I think you ought to do a search here for more threads having to do with Connecting Threads. I have enjoyed the fabric and kits very much.

2wheelwoman 08-17-2010 01:42 PM

I purchased and made a kit from them, and was extremely pleased. The fabric seemed to be good quality - and there was an enormous amount of it. The kit was not pre-cut, just had the yardage, and I had up to a half-yard left over of just one of the fabrics! There was certainly no skimping on the fabric.

tooMuchFabric 08-17-2010 01:49 PM

I have ordered fabric as well as kits form CT, and have not found anything less than the best from them.

Crlyn 08-17-2010 01:55 PM

I would love to be able to order from CT, they don't do international orders though. :cry:

You lucky people over there with your fabric buying! :wink:

thismomquilts 08-17-2010 02:09 PM

love, love, love their fabrics - others have mentioned their nice quality thread.

Marge L. 08-17-2010 04:19 PM

I can't comment on their fabric as I have never ordered any. But I just received my first order from there today for batting that was on sale. Couldn't believe it came so fast. Will have to try their fabric some time soon.