Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Connecting threads, new thread - Essential Pro? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/connecting-threads-new-thread-essential-pro-t180313.html)

Hockeyrabbit 02-22-2012 04:49 PM

Connecting threads, new thread - Essential Pro?

Anyone who has a long arm use this kind of thread? Its very reasonably priced, but I don't like to sacrifice price for quality. Thoughts? JC

Aubrey'sQuiltingCreations 02-22-2012 05:08 PM

I use both their cotton and polyester thread and have not had any problems with either one. The cottom thread will have some lint when using it, but as long as each time you do a bobbin change you clean things out so the build up is not so bad it works great. I would recommend there thread to anyone. I do have a Queen Quilter long arm and if you have something different I would try one first to make sure it works with your machine before you go and buy a whole bunch and be stuck with it.

ckcowl 02-22-2012 05:25 PM

ive been using the threads from connecting threads for over a year now- and i love them- i used to have lots of problems with threads and my long-arm---those problems went away when i found connecting threads!

CoyoteQuilts 02-22-2012 05:43 PM

If my memory serve me correctly, this thread is brand new on their site. Maybe a month old. I just bought a few of the embroidery type treads the trilobal poly. They say it is better than rayon and is colorfast... we shall see.

aborning 02-22-2012 06:57 PM

I have a APQS Freedom machine and I love the connecting threads cotton thread. I like that it is a 50 wt. so it does not have such a heavy look to it when I do not want the thread to be so visible. I also used it when I had my Tin Lizzie and it also worked just fine on that machine. It is nice that they sell smaller spools of thread so I am able to stock up on many of their colors to have on hand. I just quilted a T shirt quilt for someone last week and I used 8 colors on it and luckily I had all the colors I needed in my Conneting Threads supply drawer. i ahve not tried their Polyestor threads as I prefer to use the cotton threads.

dunster 02-22-2012 07:11 PM

I have an Innova and it likes CT just fine. I've used the cotton and the new poly.

donnalynett 02-22-2012 09:22 PM

It is about the only kind my Viking Sapphire likes. Just ordered a big order last night of the new colors.

sandy l 02-23-2012 04:32 AM

I really like CT, haven't tried the poly yet. Just wish they had varigated thread.

Sew Angel 02-23-2012 05:02 AM

I've been using the cotton thread in my A1 longarm since they were introduced. I love them and have never had a problem. I've tried the poly and had problems with shredding, but every machine is different. I would highly recommend the thread. Their colors are beautiful. I too wish they had varigated colors. The initially did but discontinued for some reason.

QuiltinginSD 02-23-2012 01:14 PM

I love the CT polyester cone thread. I use it in my regular sewing machine (a fairly basic computerized Kenmore) using a cone thread holder behind the machine. I love that it is a fine weight thread and I've been looking to buy a few more colors.