Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Connecting Threads Spring 2012 Batiks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/connecting-threads-spring-2012-batiks-t189444.html)

Skittl1321 06-01-2012 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5256954)
Won't you need more than 2 rolls? The 1600 takes two 40 strip rolls and it looks like the CT ones are 24. Three CT jelly rolls will have 72 strips which is closer. I love all the spring batiks and the pastel Mirage fabrics. CT will be busy. They must love the QB.

A Jelly Roll 1600 only takes 1 jelly roll. (1600 inches / 40 strips = 40 inches per strip, which is about width of fabric.)
So two sets of CT jelly rolls will be about right, since most include 20-24 strips.

I LOVE the CT batiks, but have convinced myself NOT to purchase any...

Deb watkins 06-02-2012 10:56 AM

Oh, and I have the Morning Glory block applique'd, have decided to unpin the organza and sashiko a butterfly near each flower. I know, I am just a tease. It will be posted soon......I am really hooked on these.

Deb watkins 06-14-2012 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]342131[/ATTACH]This is the second block from Shadow Applique' that I promised to post. This is for my Uncle. My Aunt died last November. Uncle loves Morning Glories, and Aunt loved butterflies. I am hoping this will bring him some comfort when he sees how much I loved her.

sharon b 06-14-2012 07:42 PM

Deb those are stunning !

Fraew 06-14-2012 08:35 PM

Can't find words Deb. Your blocks are beautiful.

qwkslver 06-15-2012 03:59 AM

Batiks are so pretty but I have none. I don't really know how to use them.

Deb watkins 06-15-2012 04:32 AM

The shine-y part of this is the organza over the block. All the stitching is done on top of that. At first one thinks,"Oh, all those tiny pieces", but once they are 'stuck' on, the whole block comes together very fast. Batiks are really the best for these blocks, but I am thinking that Asian fabrics with small print would also be stunning. Looking for the next pattern to do! OH.... and I placed another order from CT for the summer FQ marbled sampler.....and then saw the SALE fabric, and ordered some of that as well.

burchquilts 06-15-2012 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins (Post 5290271)
The shine-y part of this is the organza over the block. All the stitching is done on top of that. At first one thinks,"Oh, all those tiny pieces", but once they are 'stuck' on, the whole block comes together very fast. Batiks are really the best for these blocks, but I am thinking that Asian fabrics with small print would also be stunning. Looking for the next pattern to do! OH.... and I placed another order from CT for the summer FQ marbled sampler.....and then saw the SALE fabric, and ordered some of that as well.

I got the charm pack (just to see if they were as yummy in person).You will LOVE them! I love their limited collections!

burchquilts 06-15-2012 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5256954)
Won't you need more than 2 rolls? The 1600 takes two 40 strip rolls and it looks like the CT ones are 24. Three CT jelly rolls will have 72 strips which is closer. I love all the spring batiks and the pastel Mirage fabrics. CT will be busy. They must love the QB.

The Jelly Roll Race pattern (that I got off the board here) I've been using 40 strips so I figured 2 rolls would be enough. Plus I usually add in a couple of extra strips of the border fabric I'm using to tie it together a little bit. What 1600 pattern do you use? How big does yours end up being?

burchquilts 06-15-2012 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins (Post 5256894)
Burch - I know what you are saying. I saw the Mirage sampler - like the light colors (more pastels) and my fingers are itching to hit the ORDER button. Noticed that I also need some more greens to go with the batik collection for my flower panels.....oh - that $50 free shipping won't be a problem....

They are super yummy! My DH "needs" another lap quilt & since he likes earth-tones, I was thinking about getting the dark selection. They are just yummy... no two ways about it!