Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   contemplating an accuquilt go (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/contemplating-accuquilt-go-t279855.html)

gale 06-27-2016 11:34 PM

The go baby would be a waste, imo. It can only fit the small dies up to I think 6"? So the largest cut size would be around 4" or 4.5" wide.

Onebyone 06-28-2016 04:56 AM

When someone asks me about the Go and say I don't know how often I'd use it, too much fabric waste, dies cost too much, or the mats wear out, I say then it's probably not for you and change the subject. The ones that start off with negatives about it end up not wanting to like it and prove that to themselves.

misseva 06-28-2016 05:41 AM

You won't be able to use any of the strip dies either. I probably use those more than any of the others except some for applique. I absolutely hate cutting out flowers, leaves, etc by hand so I use my GO Electric machine. Makes life so much easier. More time spent actually appliqueing/sewing. Hate to cut out too. Actually I love to piece/hand applique more than anything.

twoxover 06-29-2016 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7588619)
When someone asks me about the Go and say I don't know how often I'd use it, too much fabric waste, dies cost too much, or the mats wear out, I say then it's probably not for you and change the subject. The ones that start off with negatives about it end up not wanting to like it and prove that to themselves.

i'm not concerned with fabric waste, dies or mats...but because i do have limited time to quilt....trying to justify the bigger Go vs say buying the go baby to try it out. Anyone got a go baby that needs a home? :)

nonnie60 07-12-2016 07:19 PM

I love mine.

craftymatt2 07-31-2016 07:29 AM

I got the studio for Christmas last year, on black friday, got a great deal, bought dies for the strips, 2 1/2 inch blocks and a few others. I have not used it yet, been busy and had lots of surgeries, so hoping to start using, i want to make a log cabin or two. I'm glad i have it and glad i bought the largest one. Its hard to know which one to buy, but go big or go home, thats one of my mottos, lol

tailormaid 08-31-2016 08:50 PM

Can the applique dies for the Go Big be used for invisible machine applique using the freezer paper method? I thought that the applique shapes would only be useful if doing fusible applique where you aren't trying to turn the edges under.Thanks!

ScubaK 08-31-2016 09:58 PM

I started with the GO! Now its for sale as I got the Go! BIG for a present this year...I cannot tell you how much I love the doge ears, the line ups and precision piecing I get with these dies...
Kirsten

gml 08-31-2016 10:40 PM

Perfect sewing?

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7584640)
A friend bought hers from a quilt shop and that shop will loan out a variety of dies if you bought the cutter from their shop. But really, how often will you use it? I prefer to oversize my blocks when I can and if I need strips cut, I can use my June Tailor Quilt Shape Cut Pro.

Hi. I have very little knowledge about the Go cutters. If I am not wrong, they cut the shapes precisely for you and that would mean that you have no room for error in your piecing. I am not very accurate in my piecing so I prefer an oversized block (exactly what ManiacQuilter said) then trim down. My favourite rulers are Deb Tucker's ruler as her method of constructing blocks is to make them bigger then trim down.
Sandra

Geri B 09-01-2016 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by tailormaid (Post 7641935)
Can the applique dies for the Go Big be used for invisible machine applique using the freezer paper method? I thought that the applique shapes would only be useful if doing fusible applique where you aren't trying to turn the edges under.Thanks!

You are correct....the app dies are designed for fusible method.