Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cordless Iron - Your Opinion? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cordless-iron-your-opinion-t321525.html)

Fabricgator 09-18-2023 10:10 AM

Cordless Iron - Your Opinion?

Hi. I'm thinking about purchasing a cordless iron for my sewing room, but don't know much about them. As with anything else, there are pros and cons to anything. I presently have a corded iron with a rusted soleplate. It was not supposed to rust. Sigh!

What is your opinion of cordless irons? What are pros and cons?

What brand do you like/dislike?

Do I want a stainless steel soleplate or a ceramic soleplate?

Thanks everyone!

Onebyone 09-18-2023 10:44 AM

I had the Panasonic cordless and it didn't get as hot as I liked or stayed hot for long. Maybe the newer ones are much better at that. I have the Reliable Maven, the base is plugged in but the iron has the steam hose attached so not cordless but it is really good for the price.

patricej 09-18-2023 11:31 AM

i love my Panasonic 360 cordless. I bought a second one for travel.
i doubt i will ever go back to a corded iron.

tallchick 09-18-2023 02:09 PM

I too have the Panasonic cordless with the ceramic sole plate and I will never ever be without one! My last one lasted 5 years before I had to replace it. I bought another for back up and will snag another for the backup to the back up! 2 is 1 and 1 is none in my world.

tinlizzy 09-18-2023 05:46 PM

I also have a Panasonic iron. I love it. Maybe not as hot as other irons, but it works fine for me. It has auto-shut-off, which I also need, as I sometimes forget to turn off irons.

aashley333 09-19-2023 03:01 AM

I love mine!!
Panasonic Pros:
  • Love Cordless
  • auto shut off
  • mobility
  • 3 heat settings
  • pointed on both ends helps on seams
Cons:
  • pointed on both ends-must replace into base to set down
  • not sure how long I can iron w/o replacing into charging base (hasn't been a problem)

illinois 09-19-2023 04:26 AM

No comment on the cordless but just saying--instructions for my new iron say to store it standing up. I wonder if storing it on the sole plate may contribute to the rust situation you report. It does seem more stable to put it down but still.......

Lady Diana 09-19-2023 04:47 AM

Love my panasonic cordless, as well. I would buy another one, if needed.

WesternWilson 09-19-2023 07:44 AM

I have used Panasonic cordless on my machine-side pressing station for years and years! I am on my third model! I love them but one caveat is my latest one is the lovely NIWL607A Cordless 360 Freestyle Steam/Dry Iron, Blue...but it is low on steam. It just does not make enough for my tastes, even with the steam burst button.

I do not have a cordless at my big pressing table. There I have a very powerful corded iron, the Reliable Velocity iron, which is nice and hot and has tons of steam!

SusieQOH 09-19-2023 07:59 AM

I have a Panasonic and I like the cordless feature but it doesn't get hot enough so I've put it away for now.