Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The Cotton Loft (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cotton-loft-t71156.html)

Baysidegal 10-19-2010 06:17 PM

A few days ago we discussed this shop and the time it has taken to receive our orders.. A long time which is not too unusual since they are having a major sale..However.....

Although I loved the fabric...I had to pay and exta $5.05 postage due. They stuffed the fabric into a $4.95 priority envelope and my postmaster took action and charged ME with the extra postage. When I emailed The Cotton Loft they told me to take it up with my Postmaster..well they just lost my future business...

SittingPretty 10-19-2010 06:20 PM

Sorry that happened to you. I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with them in the future. I won't either. I think that is just shoddy business practice.

tooMuchFabric 10-19-2010 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mimi Baby Yow
I had to pay and exta $5.05 postage due. They stuffed the fabric into a $4.95 priority envelope and my postmaster took action and charged ME with the extra postage.

That sucks.
So they stuffed the fabric into the priority envelope, it made it all the way to your post office, and THEN your postmaster charged you more???
How can he do that?
If it fit the envelope, where does the extra charge come into it??

smtp5 10-19-2010 06:26 PM

Oh, no! I emailed them, because I never heard anything! So, this is what they said---

We are swamped with orders. They are running about 7-10 days out.
Please be patient.

I hope they don't over charge me!

Baysidegal 10-19-2010 06:28 PM

Well I guess he figured it didn't "fit" because the envelope was overfilled and heavily taped. The sorry part is that even if the Postmaster is wrong...and like it would probably not help to scream at him LOL..I felt the sender should be made aware of this. I did not expect them to say "OH WELL!"

Sadiemae 10-19-2010 06:31 PM

It is weird that your postman would charge extra like that. I have taken in things to my post office and they have stuffed them in the small priority where they had to tape it shut and sent them for me.

Baysidegal 10-19-2010 06:32 PM

Maybe my PM was having a bad day...my Postman was so apologetic..he said he questioned the PM, but was told to collect the $$.

scowlkat 10-19-2010 06:44 PM

I have tried contacting Cotton Loft several times to ask a question about my order and have gotten no response - either by phone or email so at least now I know it's not a scam. Was afraid I had just lost my money!

Favorite Fabrics 10-19-2010 06:51 PM

Dealing with the Post Office can be tough!

How many yards of fabric were in the envelope? We've been able to send 8 yards in an envelope. Since we don't quite trust the adhesive on the seal, we run a single row of clear tape along the join, just to be sure.

And we did have to have "a serious discussion" with the Post Office about how much we can put in the envelope. We've sent many thousands of envelopes out, and only once did we hear from a customer that they had the same problem you did.

What can be a problem, I think, is if too much tape was used to seal the envelope. The PO sometimes objects to that.

Baysidegal 10-19-2010 07:00 PM

I really think that was the case. It only contained 5 yards but it was clearly overly taped. I have received many "taped" packages before and never had this problem...I just think the sender should have been a little more sympathetic when I told them about it or maybe I'm just whining...but being unemployed just now...my $5.05 could have been used in a better way.