Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cotton Theory (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cotton-theory-t178231.html)

karenpatrick 02-07-2012 08:25 AM

I bought the book but I haven't tried it yet. Looks very complicated to me.

quilting in my60s 02-07-2012 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick (Post 4951676)
I bought the book but I haven't tried it yet. Looks very complicated to me.

Nancy Zieman has a video on her website where she had Betty Cotton come and demonstrate her method of QAYG.

gypsylady5 02-07-2012 08:36 AM

I did this back on my first quilt - reversible. But I didn't do the great quilting like it shows in the website. Think it is a good idea and think I'll do something like that with a block swap I did using floral fabrics. My daughter quilted her blocks before assembling and they look great. I doubt it will be all the difficult and probably be really great when finished.

Wunder-Mar 02-07-2012 08:44 AM

I took the class and while the benefit is a reversible FINISHED quilt, I just didn't like the look at all, at all, at all. I took a quilt-as-you-go workshop based on Sharon Pederson's book, "REVERSIBLE QUILTS," and I liked the finish much, much better. I got her other book, "MORE REVERSIBLE QUILTS" through interlibrary loan and found some great ideas there. She also has a DVD, "REVERSIBLE QUILTS DVD." It's a preference, to be sure.

sheliab12 02-07-2012 08:52 AM

Nancy Zeiman had two shows with her that I think if you watched them you could do it. I bet you can watch them from her web site or somewhere else. I have them on DVR but of course have not done it.

carolynjo 02-07-2012 09:19 AM

Too hard for this old broad!

sguillot 02-07-2012 10:12 AM

I personally don't like the Cotton Theory Method I do however love making reversable quilts and there is another method much easier to me. A couple of years ago I bought a ruler at the Houston Quilt Festival that is even faster and simpler.

Mom3 02-07-2012 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by sguillot (Post 4952073)
I personally don't like the Cotton Theory Method I do however love making reversable quilts and there is another method much easier to me. A couple of years ago I bought a ruler at the Houston Quilt Festival that is even faster and simpler.

What ruler are you speaking of? Curious minds want to know....... :)

Shari

Caryn 02-07-2012 03:55 PM

i do quilting with the quilt as you go method using sashings on front and back for a reversible quilt...they turn out quite nice and are quick to work once you get used to it.. what i like is it allows me to quilt each block individually as i like and in comfort at any sewing machine. the hard part is when putting together a quilt larger than 70 inches in width or length but it can be done. i have all of the cotton theory books and have put some of her techniques to use, but there are a few that i am just not crazy about.

quilter56 02-08-2012 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Up North (Post 4949188)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]309497[/ATTACH]Hmm will it work this time? It is folded to show both the front and the back.

Oh that is beautiful!