Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Could anyone else be as an untidy quilter and sewer?.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/could-anyone-else-untidy-quilter-sewer-t260114.html)

oldquilter 01-22-2015 09:05 AM

Could anyone else be as an untidy quilter and sewer?....

Okay, I sew a lot. I mean obsessively! And my machine is on a cushion floor which is easy to clean, and I do even ( occasionally) clean! But my DH finally gave up trying to get the threads out of my chair wheels and bought new wheels. I have a great lumbar support rolling? ..chair. Doesn't roll much with all those threads. Am I just the wildest sewer ever or does anyone else have this problem?

Tartan 01-22-2015 09:13 AM

I have had to clean the rollers on my sewing room chair. I use my thread snips to cut them and my hemostats to pull the threads out. I also put a drop or two of my machine oil in them when I have them cleaned out.

PaperPrincess 01-22-2015 09:16 AM

I sew in my dining room. My 2015 Resolution was to clean up after completing a project before stating a new one, so you can imagine what the room usually looks like. My only saving grace is that we actually use the dining room to dine a couple times a year, so I have to excavate then.

christi54 01-22-2015 09:17 AM

I do understand what your saying, after a day of sewing my husband states it looks like a hurricane went thru my sewing room. I just had to purchase another rolling chair due to the wheels being clogged with pieces of thread and scrap fabric.
Its my sewing room and when my husband cant stand to look at the mess he shuts the door, and tells me that if I am comfortable working in the mess then more power to me lol

GingerK 01-22-2015 09:19 AM

Tartan, I'll have to remember to put a bit of oil in mine. They are about ready to be cleaned out again. So no, Oldquilter, you are not the only messy quilter out there. I actually have a problem remembering to keep my threads etc. tidy at a retreat or class. Right now, I also have several pins (dropped the dang pin bowl) and a lot of paper from a paper piece block on my floor. It will be tidied up tonight--or maybe tomorrow. Depends how energetic I feel after today's activities.

ManiacQuilter2 01-22-2015 09:23 AM

I am also a member of getting the wheels tangled with thread so do not feel that you are alone, you got plenty of neat company !!

tessagin 01-22-2015 09:28 AM

I'm usually pulling threads from my chair and dog hair. I dust a couple times a day because of the dog hair and have to the same to the kitchen chairs. They have casters also and my office chairs. Come to think of it we don't have any chairs that aren't mobile. All casters! Pickin' and not grinnin'!

Crqltr 01-22-2015 09:31 AM

I found a plastic bag holder that attaches to my sewing desk so I try to control the threads and hit the bag as much as I can. Plus I put the thread in the bag out side for bird nests in the spring.

SewExtremeSeams 01-22-2015 09:35 AM

Me, me, me!

Pennyhal 01-22-2015 09:41 AM

I have two sewing rooms and both have stuff everywhere...one room isn't enought for all my junk.