Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Could you give me a suggestion or two, please? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/could-you-give-me-suggestion-two-please-t304280.html)

joe'smom 04-21-2019 05:04 PM

I also like the idea of a leaf motif, although radiating lines would certainly be dramatic.

quiltingshorttimer 04-21-2019 05:34 PM

What a stunner! I like the idea of the vines, leaves, bamboo in the area around the elephant--but I'd do something else entirely on the border --maybe just simple lines in the orange and about 1/4" inside the color peaks.

illinois 04-22-2019 03:01 AM

I was going to suggest the radiating lines around the elephant, too, but then wonder if echoing the outline of the elephant's body would somewhat suggest motion. I'd outline the mountains with some stitch in the ditch to secure the layers. Not sure about the orange space there but that might be your medium for the vines etc.

nanna-up-north 04-22-2019 03:16 AM

You all have such great suggestions. Thank you. I still haven't decided what I'll do in the background. The picture does make it look like it's orange but it's really kinda peachy. The bride and groom picked out the fabrics. They were so cute in the QS auditioning the colors. The bride wanted the peach. The wedding colors are light teal and peach. And they were insistant about the elephant. It puzzled me but they said elephants stand for all kinds of qualities you want in a marriage like hard work, patience, strength, wisdom and trust. Okay! I get it.

Stay posted. I'm getting closer to making a decision. I wish this quilt would talk to me. Sometimes they do, don't ya know.

cat-on-a-mac 04-22-2019 03:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Your quilt looks amazingly like one that I did of the same pattern. Wasn't it fun?! My background really is orange.

I did a kind of free-for-all quilting in my background, but I did use a "topographic" fill pattern that I really liked. It gives lots of texture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611918[/ATTACH]

plays10s 04-22-2019 03:56 AM

Well done! Your quilt is beautiful, and the way you upsized it to make it queen is perfect.

nanna-up-north 04-22-2019 04:09 AM

Oh, I love your quilting cat-on-a-mac. It works so well with the quilt. I'd love to see the whole thing!

bearisgray 04-22-2019 04:24 AM

That is one spectacular quilt!

julybaby8 04-22-2019 05:07 AM

I love your elephant and the mountains in the border. I don’t think that you want to do anything too intricate in the Quilting to take away from the elephant. Just my thought.

watson's mom 04-22-2019 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 8243194)
You could put your elephant in the jungle with leaves, vines and bamboo. You could do straight lines in the background behind the elephant ( it wouldn’t be too hard if you have channel locks on your machine) Your top looks great with the added border!

This is a great idea. My friend owns a quilt shop and has this on her wall. The whole thing is quilted in straight lines about 1/2 to 3/4 inch apart and this really sets it off. It's gorgeous with the background you have.