Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Craftsy Batik Mystery Box? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/craftsy-batik-mystery-box-t279139.html)

TeresaA 05-31-2016 07:34 AM

Craftsy Batik Mystery Box?

Hi,

Has anyone purchased the Craftsy Batik Mystery Fat Quarter Bundle?

If so, are the fabrics similar to the ones on their web site? Or are they some bargain basement things they picked up?

I feel like rollin' the dice today and might want to try one. Of course, I know that any of their boxes are hit or miss. But if 2 people say they liked theirs, it might be worth it.

sewbizgirl 05-31-2016 07:52 AM

Haven't tried but I doubt they would send terrible fabric in a mystery box, as they do want you and your friends to buy more....

tessagin 05-31-2016 08:02 AM

I buy very little on line. I agree with sewbizgirl.

TeresaA 05-31-2016 08:27 AM

I searched Quiltingboard, and it gave me reason to worry. Several people paid $60 for supposedly $120 value "mystery box" and got 15 fat quarters of things they would never buy and a couple of charm packs. They were very disappointed. Others were ecstatic with their relative treasures. I saw a Rowan Craftsy Mystery box someone posted online that I would have LOVED. So the combination of love/hate for the mystery boxes makes me curious but also a little concerned;-).

tessagin: I buy online all the time. I love it! I don't have time to shop otherwise.

ManiacQuilter2 05-31-2016 08:31 AM

I have always been worried about mystery anything. I want to select the fabrics that I want, not what they want to move out.

QuiltingVagabond 05-31-2016 09:37 AM

I have purchased several of the 1yd mystery boxes and while some were maybe not prints I would have picked myself, they were all good quality and a great value. I think every time it was 14 x 1 yd pieces and $4 or less per yard.

AUQuilter 05-31-2016 04:28 PM

I purchased several things from Craftsy and haven't been disappointed yet.

TeresaA 05-31-2016 06:28 PM

They do tend to have nice fabrics, just didn't know what to expect from their batik mystery pack. And it appears no one else here has experienced their batik mystery pack, so I should probably wait.

willferg 06-01-2016 06:34 AM

Not trying to spend your money, but I almost think you can't go wrong with batiks in a mystery purchase like this. They are almost always beautiful. I know what you mean about non-LQS types of batiks that are sometimes offered at sale prices, but I doubt Craftsy would do that. You could always email and ask if they are brands from well-known manufacturers. I bet they are...

grann of 6 06-02-2016 04:06 AM

I love Craftsy's sales. They don't carry junk fabric. I got some Free Spirit one yard cuts in a mystery box. The quality is nice and all the fabrics coordinate nicely, just not something I would normally buy. I guess that's what makes the mystery boxes fun. I love surprises coming in the mail. LOL I have also gotten batiks from them, also good quality. I say jump on it and have fun.