Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Craftsy class (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/craftsy-class-t210181.html)

topstitch 01-05-2013 02:17 PM

Craftsy class

I have signed up for my first Craftsy class and can't wait to find the time to start it. I haven't received any information on how to get going so I guess I better investigate some. I'm taking paper piecing which I love and find that my paper pieced blocks are lots better than regularly pieced blocks.

Bataplai 01-05-2013 02:20 PM

Their 2013 Block of the Month class is free. It runs for 10 months...

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 01-05-2013 02:29 PM

As soon as you sign up, you can start watching the class videos. Watch them in whatever order and pace you like.

katier825 01-05-2013 02:32 PM

Are you taking the Quick Strip Paper Piecing class? I have watched most of it. It's in numerous segments, so you can do a little at a time. I really like it. Just go onto Craftsy, click on "your account" at the top of the page and it lists your classes. You just click to open it, then click the play button. There is a pause button also. Have fun!

BellaBoo 01-05-2013 04:11 PM

Login at Caftsy and you will be taken to your Dashboard. That is where all your classes are listed. Belive me I have paid triple and more for the same classes with the same instructors that Crafty has for $30 or less. Other then the social interaction which I love, the classes are better then going in person.

AnnieH 01-05-2013 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5764929)
Login at Caftsy and you will be taken to your Dashboard. That is where all your classes are listed. Belive me I have paid triple and more for the same classes with the same instructors that Crafty has for $30 or less. Other then the social interaction which I love, the classes are better then going in person.

Totally agree, and you can do them when you're in the right frame of mind. I like the "little and often" opportunities it offers.
Annie

mighty 01-05-2013 04:31 PM

Have not taken any yet, want to BOM!!!!!

skowron5 01-05-2013 04:54 PM

I got an email that craftsy classes are $14.99. Not sure for how long.

Cybrarian 01-05-2013 05:17 PM

Love the Craftsy classes! I love taking classes at the LQS too, but for some things I need to hear it and see it several times to get it. Peggy Martin's strip piecing class showed me I could really do paper piecing. When I first found out what paper piecing was I thought "no way would I ever want to do that". After I started Martin's class I expanded to a Carol Doak book and video after watching her on the Quilt Show. I'm a convert! Have both free BOM classes ( they make great pillows if you don't want to do a sampler quilt) and also the Jelly roll class. It's a great value!

Tropical 01-05-2013 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bataplai (Post 5764694)
Their 2013 Block of the Month class is free. It runs for 10 months...

Thank you for sharing about the free class Bataplai. I signed up right away. Thanks topstitch for this thread. :):):)