Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Craftsy Deals - Mystery Box (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/craftsy-deals-mystery-box-t193186.html)

tngal22 07-16-2012 10:35 AM

Well glad you can return it for a refund. Did they say why there is such a big difference in the boxes?

burchquilts 07-16-2012 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by tngal22 (Post 5366118)
I sign up for their newsletter which sends their daily deals. I think this is the first time I have seen it but I could be wrong. For me it was a good deal and I would try it again.

I get an email about them re their quilting deals but don't ever remember seeing a deal of the day. Is there someplace to look on their site for that? Yeah... like I need more fabric... LOL!

tngal22 07-16-2012 10:46 AM

Here is the link for their deals: http://www.craftsy.com/deals/. I think it is the quilting deals you get already, but it does change or add to daily.

And I think I get emails because I registed on the site.

huntersgrammie 07-16-2012 10:54 AM

hi friends, i have a question unrelated to the mystery boxes so here goes, how many fat quarters to a yard of fabric. i am attempting to make a quilt with a block that requires only 3 different fabrics. the problem for me is that i don't know how to figure out how much fabric i need to make the quilt. the block is 10 1/2 inches unfinished with a center square 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 outer rectangles 4- 2 1/2 x 3 inches and 4 - 2 1/2 x 5 inches. with the trim being 2 - 1 1/2 x 4 1/2; 2- 1 1/2 x 6 1/2; and 4 - 1/1/2 x 2 1/2 i don't know if this helps the pattern is called garden fence, i suppose if i told you that to begin with i wouldn't have had to put all the dimensions in there lol. oh well rookie what can i say. i contacted the person who posted the pattern but she doesn't want to give out to much information as she is thinking of publishing it. she did tell me that i could get the 2 blocks out of the fat quarter. so the rest is up to me and YOU if i can get some help. i figured i would make it 10 blocks by 8 blocks not even sure if that will be the size i want but i can add a border or 2 to help the size along. i just don't want to start making it until i am sure i have enough fabric to make it. i could also make 2 different colored blocks and alternate them on the quilt. i am using white fabric for the trim around the blocks just so you know. i have a ton of white fabric. sorry for going on but i have nowhere to turn as i am attempting to do this without anyone i know here to help. so your it. hope you have big shoulders. thanks so much for listening, rachelle

Skittl1321 07-16-2012 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by huntersgrammie (Post 5370051)
hi friends, i have a question unrelated to the mystery boxes so here goes, how many fat quarters to a yard of fabric.

You should probably start a seperate thread to get all your questions answered- but a fat quarter is 1/4 of a yard, so 4 make up a yard.

A "quarter yard" cut of fabric is 9 inches x Width of Fabric, this isn't as easy to cut out many shapes (and loses a lot of fabric due to fraying in the washing machine) so fat quarters are used instead. To do this, the quilt store cuts 18 inches (half a yard), and then cuts it in half, so a fat quarter is 18 inches x half the width of fabric (often 22 or 21 inches). You can get four quarter yard cuts out of a yard (36 inches), or you could get four fat quarters.

huntersgrammie 07-16-2012 11:23 AM

thanks for that much and the idea about a seperate thread is good. know how do i go about that . sorry to sound so unconnected but i am. lol i will get better with these things eventually. lol

tngal22 07-16-2012 11:26 AM

Go to the Main page, in the top left corner, under the ads, is POST NEW THREAD.

Helen S 07-16-2012 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5328939)
This is why I'm on a fabric diet! These are the fabrics that I was able to fit into my actual quilting room. Everything on the shelves is 1 yard minimum but less than 3 yds. The fabrics on the bottom shelves of the all three units is 3 yds to 7 yds or more. The plastic drawers are full of FQ's and 1/2 yd cuts. I still have 3 large plastic tubs in the guest bedroom . . .:rolleyes: :eek: :shock: :o

Nice stash! I'm working on mine as often as DH will let me out of the house! lol He KNOWS I may not be able to make it home without hitting Joann's, at least, to check out the remnant bin. ;)

Havplenty 07-16-2012 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by huntersgrammie (Post 5370093)
thanks for that much and the idea about a seperate thread is good. know how do i go about that . sorry to sound so unconnected but i am. lol i will get better with these things eventually. lol

here is a mini tute sorta to help make the blocks. http://hyacinthquiltdesigns.blogspot...den-fence.html

but that quilt pattern goes by many names, garden fence is just one of them.

there is also a garden fence quilt along on the web so do a google search for it and perhaps the quilt along will help answer your questions.

huntersgrammie 07-16-2012 01:10 PM

that is the site i was using. and it doesn't give the fabric requirements thats where i am stuck
thanks for replying