Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Craftsy quilting classes? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/craftsy-quilting-classes-t184321.html)

kateyb 03-29-2012 06:58 AM

Craftsy quilting classes?

Has anyone taken the on-line craftsy classes? Were they worth the cost? What did you like/dislike about them? I'm thinking of taking one but don't know much about them.

misskira 03-29-2012 07:09 AM

They have a free block of the month class right now that you can look at to see if you like the setup.

fivepaws 03-29-2012 07:40 AM

I am currently taking 3 classes. They are worth every penny. Well done, easy to follow, very clear and concise. My favorite is Quilting big quilts on a small machine. I can take a class at my leisure, return to an earlier lesson. I would only buy when they are on sale. But yes, I think they are worth it. Try one.

hopingtobegood 03-29-2012 07:43 AM

I also have taken them and do buy when they are on sale and as said previously you can start and stop at your leisure, take notes, ask questions, etc. They are great and taught by very well know knowledgeable teachers. Try one, you will be glad you did..

erstan947 03-29-2012 08:18 AM

I'm following the free block of the month. I really like how it is done. You can also print off the patterns. Each month they have 2 quilt blocks and you learn new techniques. Check it out:)

jcrow 03-29-2012 09:59 AM

I am also taking 3 classes from www.craftsy.com. I love their classes. I just stated in another thread that you can ask them to lower their price for the class and they will. I asked if they could lower one of their classes to $15.99 and they accepted immediately. They want to teach. Try the free BOM first, if you want. You might love it. I do! I can't wait for April 1st to do blocks 7 and 8.

retta97 03-29-2012 10:35 AM

I agree,there classes are great and the teachers are great! I am doing the block of the month and await eargerly for the new month to come for the new blocks. I started with the free bom to check out how everything worked,then got an email for there Beyond Machine Quilting and I have since machine two lap quilts and a beautiful paper pieced Loon wall hanging.Try the free block of the month and then you will recive emails for other classes.Great site as you can acess it at any time.

virtualbernie 03-29-2012 10:46 AM

I'm also taking 3 classes. I only register for the classes when they are on sale but they are great classes. The instructors make you feel like you're right there with them and you can ask questions. I have learned so much from these classes.

cavmom 03-29-2012 02:03 PM

i signed up for the quilting one, but realized after i started watching that i was ahead of what it showed. i did get a couple of tips from it and the instructer was great. i should have went for the advanced quilting but of course i got the email describing that one after i had already paid and watched part of the first. lol! From the comments i saw, the beginner quilters were VERY happy with the class and I have read other comments on this board about 2 months back that overall people are pleased with them.

Cybrarian 03-29-2012 02:53 PM

I am taking the free BOM and I purchased the Strip Paper Piecing when it was on sale--LOVE them both. Excellent teaching and being able to go back over things as many times as you need to without being a pain to anyone, picking it up anytime it fits your schedule or your insomnia--they are great! Between Craftsy, the Amazing tutorials here and some awesome bloggers in cyberspace I feel we are so incredibly blest to be quilting now.