Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   craftsy sight (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/craftsy-sight-t261952.html)

delores41 02-28-2015 12:45 PM

craftsy sight

Has anyone ordered patterns from craftsy sight? Is this a safe site and are the directions for the patterns easy to follow?

Peckish 02-28-2015 01:21 PM

The patterns offered are from multiple designers and quilters. I don't know if Craftsy proofs/edits them. I doubt it.
Having said that, I've purchased patterns from Craftsy and never had a problem. Also, I think you can email and ask the designer questions if you have any. Ordering from them is as safe as ordering from any other website.

ManiacQuilter2 02-28-2015 01:23 PM

I have purchase a few of them and had no problem. I have also downloaded some of the FREE ones too!!

dflynn 02-28-2015 02:26 PM

I have brought fabric and a full size bed quilt kit from them. Never been disappointed. I have download some free patterns from them.

tropit 02-28-2015 03:19 PM

Not patterns, but I ordered a video class. It was OK. It dragged a little (I put it on fast speed to get through parts of it,) and I could have found out most of the information elsewhere, but there were some good pointers in there. I'm still mulling over whether I'm going to make the pattern the way she did. Her technique is to use tons and tons of starch and I hate starch. All that being said, the class was good.

Maureen NJ 03-01-2015 04:29 PM

I love Craftsy!! Like said previously, there are many different pattern designers but, the ones I have ordered, have been well written and easy to follow. I love their kits, too, as they are by quality companies. The pictures on-line are large, numerous, and true to color unlike some from other well known companies. And, of course, I love their classes. Great company!!

kristakz 03-03-2015 11:29 AM

As others said, it depends on the designer. Craftsy does NOT edit or proof them in any way (I have several patterns up there, and no one from Craftsy reviewed them). But there is a place for comments, so just check there to see if anyone has any complaints or issues.

IrishgalfromNJ 03-03-2015 11:38 AM

I have purchased fabric from Craftsy, bought a paper piecing pattern, and I bought two quilting classes. I love the fabric and the paper piecing pattern. The pattern was easy to follow and turned out very well. The classes were so so. There was a lot of information, but I lost interest in the subject after the first few chapters.

joyce888 03-03-2015 11:55 AM

I bought a mystery quilt from Craftsy about 2 years ago. I started cutting and sewing as I read the directions. The pattern stated that they did not use the solid strips that came in the jelly roll and the way it was worded I thought that meant for the entire quilt. Needless to say when I got part way through the cutting and sewing I came up short because they DID use the solids in part of the piecing. I stuffed everything back in the bag and put it away. I've got to total rethink how to put it together in a different way because even if I took it apart I would not have the correct cuts.

blondeslave 03-03-2015 12:51 PM

I must confess that i have never watched an entire Craftsy class but I love them. Whenever I get stuckon how to do something I look through different lessons and generally find something to help me.