Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Crafty $2.49 ?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/crafty-%242-49-a-t312543.html)

Sewing Cynthia 09-21-2020 10:19 AM

Crafty $2.49 ??

I received an email for Craftsy 2.49$ for first year. Anyone else sign up?

Nooker 09-21-2020 03:33 PM

I received an email also and came here to check it out. I’ll probably go ahead and sign up for that price.

Maire 09-21-2020 04:01 PM

I started to sign up but then read an annual fee o $79.99, or whatever the rate may be, will automatically be charged to the credit card used for the $2.49 rate. he automatically charged things make me nervous.

Sewing Cynthia 09-21-2020 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Maire (Post 8419556)
I started to sign up but then read an annual fee o $79.99, or whatever the rate may be, will automatically be charged to the credit card used for the $2.49 rate. he automatically charged things make me nervous.

I made a note in my calendar to cancel before then, I also went in and changed the expiration date on my credit card, so I don't think they would be able to charge it.

Sewing Cynthia 09-21-2020 05:15 PM

oooohhh boy, joke is on me. the stuff I am interested in requires additional purchases per class! will look at the free stuff, but am disappointed.

mkc 09-21-2020 05:32 PM

"Back in the day", the original Craftsy had a handful of free classes, but most you purchased as a la carte items. You "owned" those classes forever - no membership required.

Shortly before they were bought and became Bluprint, they offered "Craftsy Unlimited" for a fairly hefty annual fee, and many classes (but not all) were included.

Bluprint changed the model where you could have an annual membership similar to Craftsy Unlimited and could watch most classes but didn't necessarily "own them forever" (meaning you had to maintain a paid-for membership to watch. With "own forever" you didn't need a membership. They gave you credits if you did an annual membership to buy "own forever" classes. They also added a retail materials shop.

Bluprint announced they were closing. All of this content would potentially be lost. Nearing the 11th hour, another company, which specializes in online education content, bought the Craftsy brand and has generously honored many existing memberships for the classes.

That new company, and the re-released Craftsy, seems more like the original model. It sounds like they are still working out if they will offer membership levels to allow access to a greater number of classes without actually purchasing them.

I welcome it. The Bluprint model seemed to overextend itself.

Sewing Cynthia 09-21-2020 06:08 PM

mkc - thank you for that info! it shed some light on things. will see how things evolve.

Peckish 09-21-2020 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sewing Cynthia (Post 8419572)
I made a note in my calendar to cancel before then, I also went in and changed the expiration date on my credit card, so I don't think they would be able to charge it.

You can use a virtual credit card and set it to single-use only.

rvsfan 09-22-2020 03:33 PM

Craft $2.49

Originally Posted by Maire (Post 8419556)

That auto-renewal can be cancelled at any time.

Ladywingnut 09-23-2020 06:13 AM

I pretty much own the classes that I want. Crafty will have to add some classes for me to purchase their membership, no matter how inexpensive it is. I was not happy with Blueprint, or their classes, so I'm still waiting and seeing what is going to happen.