Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Craigs List find (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/craigs-list-find-t34093.html)

rutcat 01-13-2010 09:18 PM

Have any of you searched on Craigs List & found a bargain? Well I think I just did. I've been wanting an embroidery machine for over a year now. I really wanted one mostly to put names & dates on my projects. I can't afford an expensive one & couldn't find a used one cheep enough. My DH said he wanted me to go buy the one at WalMart so I would quit whining (and I was whining). Well Saturday while searching on Craigs List I found a Simplincity SE2 listed for $125 that said it worked great. It came with It's manual, and a big bag of extras. I called her on Tuesday (my next day off work) & made arrangements to see it. I drove 2 hours from my house (4 hour round trip) to the middle of nowhere (she said she had a lot of calls but no one wanted to drive that far & that's why she still had it) needless to say I came home with the machine. I know it's not fancy but it does more then I thought it would. She gave me a crash corse while I was there & said I could call her if I had any questions. I'm so excited! Now I'll have to find something else to whine about, lol.

redrummy 01-13-2010 09:31 PM

awesome! great job hunting a deal. I hope it works great for you!!!!

sharon b 01-13-2010 09:33 PM

Great find :thumbup: Now when do we get to see pics of the new beauty ? And some of the new projects we know you are busy with ? LOL Have fun :wink:

tlrnhi 01-13-2010 09:45 PM

awesome find!

Leota 01-13-2010 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by rutcat
Have any of you searched on Craigs List & found a bargain? Well I think I just did. I've been wanting an embroidery machine for over a year now. I really wanted one mostly to put names & dates on my projects. I can't afford an expensive one & couldn't find a used one cheep enough. My DH said he wanted me to go buy the one at WalMart so I would quit whining (and I was whining). Well Saturday while searching on Craigs List I found a Simplincity SE2 listed for $125 that said it worked great. It came with It's manual, and a big bag of extras. I$ called her on Tuesday (my next day off work) & made arrangements to see it. I drove 2 hours from my house (4 hour round trip) to the middle of nowhere (she said she had a lot of calls but no one wanted to drive that far & that's why she still had it) needless to say I came home with the machine. I know it's not fancy but it does more then I thought it would. She gave me a crash corse while I was there & said I could call her if I had any questions. I'm so excited! Now I'll have to find something else to whine about, lol.

I would wait on the whine.. :D

Jim's Gem 01-13-2010 10:24 PM

Congrats on your new machine!!

ScubaK 01-13-2010 11:05 PM

I love Craigslist...however, I see the price of FeatherWeights is up to 460$ and the 20$ tv that I offered; the person wants me to drive it to them about an hour away...
Arrgghh...
The bargins are there!
Kirsten

marsye 01-14-2010 05:01 AM

I advertised a car on Craigs list one time and got all kinds of junk email.

lfw045 01-14-2010 05:11 AM

Great find! I scour Craigslist everyday....that's where I found my treadle the other day! I love my machine!

Oklahoma Suzie 01-14-2010 05:22 AM

super find.