Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cross-stitching on quilt squares? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cross-stitching-quilt-squares-t48540.html)

geckogirl 06-05-2010 09:24 PM

Has anyone ever used cross-stitching on a quilt square? If so, how did it turn out? Pictures would be fantastic!!!!

debbieumphress 06-05-2010 09:28 PM

I have several ladies who cross stitch on blocks and send them to me to sash and quilt for Project Linus. I can't to pictures yet but give me a few days. I am learning.LOL. They come out beautifully. We put bright sashing and borders on to bring out the colors. Send me your email and I will try tomorrow to send you a picture of a couple of them. Thank you.

roseOfsharon 06-05-2010 09:30 PM

Oh please post them here as well :)

geckogirl 06-05-2010 09:34 PM

That would be great! The reason I ask is because I am wanting to do a project for my boss (we are very close) and I can't decide if I want to cross-stitch or embroider it for her . . .

clem55 06-06-2010 03:22 AM

the first quilt I ever made was a stamped cross stitch pattern. I thought I would never get it done! 45 years ago you could buy kits like that, usually three panels, an allover design. I've also done embroidery on 12 inch squares with a stamped pattern, and I have one now that my mom embroidered on stamped 12 inch squares and set together before she died in 1972. If I can find someone to machine quilt for me, it is ready to go. If I had an embroidery machine, I would probably use it a lot for quilts as hand work is very difficult for me now, and you can buy such pretty patterns for those machines. The quilts I have were also stamped with the quilting pattern, and were handquilted.

Pam 06-06-2010 05:19 AM

Look back at the threads of antique quilts. Someone posted several on here that were both cross stitched and embroidered. They were beautiful. Have fun!

Quilter7x 06-06-2010 05:22 AM

I have a Janome machine that does embroidery and I remember using an embroidery card in class one time that does cross stitch, but I don't own that card. That's as much cross stitch as I'll ever do. I truly appreciate its beauty, but can't sit still long enough to do it myself! :lol:

I don't remember the project we did. When I got my machine, I took as many classes as I could to learn how to use the features on the machine and that was one of them. I have no idea where that project is today, but this thread is making me want to get the memory card that does cross stitching, because I think it would be beautiful in a quilt square! :D

Maride 06-06-2010 05:27 AM

10 Attachment(s)
I have made several. Here are some pics:

stichinluvr 06-06-2010 06:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When my gs was born, my daughter's on-line cross stitch group stitched baby animals for her. I then put them into a quilt for him.

Crossstitcher 06-06-2010 06:42 AM

I made the quilt you see on the left and it's all cross stitchd. They are victorian shops and of course there's a quilting shop and a needle work shop. There are a number of places that are from the town that my husband grew up in. All the pictures are actual places and we designed them all.