Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Crowsnestquiltingfabrics on ebay and General Fabrics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/crowsnestquiltingfabrics-ebay-general-fabrics-t39873.html)

bearspaws 03-17-2010 10:02 PM

Hi all, I want to buy some fabric from Crowsnest quilting on ebay, but I've never heard of the brand name "General Fabrics" before. Is it still nice quality stuff? It seems she has a lot of brights from this company, and that's what I need, especially for $2.99 a yard!
Thanks!
Evelyn

patricej 03-18-2010 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by bearspaws
Hi all, I want to buy some fabric from Crowsnest quilting on ebay, but I've never heard of the brand name "General Fabrics" before. Is it still nice quality stuff? It seems she has a lot of brights from this company, and that's what I need, especially for $2.99 a yard!
Thanks!
Evelyn

I have bought tons of fabric from that site. i have always been totally pleased.

The General Fabrics is often found in WalMart fabric departments. i've used a lot of it over the years. i would rate it approximately 6.5 out of 10 on the "snooty scale" (10 being the highest.). not as nice as something like Moda, but much nicer than Wally's $2.50 fabs. it's medium weight. huge selection of prints and colors within each collection. it's easy to work with, holds up well in the wash, and doesn't fade or bleed. (i have found the odd little skip in a small spot in the print on a few pieces i've bought. very rarely, and i've always been able to work around it.) it's a great value for the price.

earlylace 03-18-2010 03:29 AM

I have purchased twice from them and have been very happy with what I received. Yes, Walmart does carry some of this fabric, I was at Walmart the other day and saw a few of the fabrics I had got from them. They ship fast,and will combine shipping, so be sure to buy enough to fill the flat rate package. Lace

Oklahoma Suzie 03-18-2010 05:26 AM

Yes walmart does sell some of this fabric.

bearspaws 03-18-2010 07:14 AM

Thanks for the replies! Is Red Rooster a wal-mart fabric too? Our wal-mart doesn't carry fabric anymore so I can't check Lol.
Evelyn

kathy 03-18-2010 07:18 AM

I think Red Rooster is a little higher up on Patrice's "snooty " scale. rofl @ Patrice

danmar 03-18-2010 07:35 AM

I have bought lots and lots of fabrics from Crow's Nest. The material is great! I love the Red Rooster fabric most, but ALL of it is good! I found that the colors on my computer screen matched the material exactly when it came.
And like Lace above said, they do combine shipping so wait until you get the combined shipping invoice to pay! You won't be disappointed!

patricej 03-18-2010 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by kathy
I think Red Rooster is a little higher up on Patrice's "snooty " scale. rofl @ Patrice

Red Rooser consistently rates between an 8.35 and a 9.1

of course, once you factor in getting it for $2.99 per yard, it shoots up to a 217.96543821 ;-)

danmar 03-18-2010 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ

Originally Posted by kathy

Red Rooser consistently rates between an 8.35 and a 9.1

of course, once you factor in getting it for $2.99 per yard, it shoots up to a 217.96543821 ;-)

Cute! :lol: I totally agree!!!