Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cut Charm Squares - What were they for? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cut-charm-squares-what-were-they-t202045.html)

lynnie 10-01-2012 03:42 PM

I made my son a quilt with that shape
it was a true charm quilt, over 1,000 (1044)
Pcs. All different ex ept two.the object was to find the same two
camw out great

0tis 10-01-2012 03:49 PM

They almost look like dresden plates - otherwise I would go with the wonky square too.

nativetexan 10-01-2012 04:06 PM

they almost look like tumblers too. see if they fit in a row well, one up , one down , etc.

MaryStoaks 10-01-2012 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 5555220)
they almost look like tumblers too. see if they fit in a row well, one up , one down , etc.

They do look like tumblers to e too.:thumbup:

QuiltNama 10-02-2012 07:21 AM

Yes, whirliygigs is what my pattern was called. I took four layer of fabric and made them in the stack-n-whack method.
Just make sure when you cut out any more pieces that all of them are all face-up or your blades will not match up.

sparkys_mom 10-02-2012 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by QuiltNama (Post 5556687)
Yes, whirliygigs is what my pattern was called. I took four layer of fabric and made them in the stack-n-whack method.
Just make sure when you cut out any more pieces that all of them are all face-up or your blades will not match up.

The ones I received are already cut so I can't get into too much trouble with those. :) And the background I'm using can go either way. It looks as though I have about 30 of these - not enough for a quilt, but I do have a lot of other charm squares lying around so I hope to come up with something. These would be cute worked into a quilt back, too.

rj.neihart 10-03-2012 05:01 AM

These are cut the way I cut when I make a piano border.

quiltntoday 10-03-2012 06:10 AM

If you want to know the name of the fabric line, here it is! Moda Wee Woodland. i made a quilt out of this line using several packs of charm squares plus a background neutral. I thought this line was delightful and full of bright colors and whimsy.

QandE2010 10-03-2012 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by barny (Post 5555019)
Boy, I have never seen so many intelligent people as there are on this board. Whatever question you might have, there is always someone to give a perfect answer. Good going! Barny

I agree. I don't think you could stump you people. Isn't that grelat? I can't say it enough, this is an awesome forum.

sparkys_mom 10-03-2012 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by quiltntoday (Post 5559091)
If you want to know the name of the fabric line, here it is! Moda Wee Woodland. i made a quilt out of this line using several packs of charm squares plus a background neutral. I thought this line was delightful and full of bright colors and whimsy.

Thank you! That is really good to know. I may just look for some more of it. And I think there is a possibility that I have some 10" squares of it, as well. Haven't quite finished going through this "inheritance". :)