Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cute last minute gift for a quilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cute-last-minute-gift-quilter-t32132.html)

Quilter2B 12-24-2009 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by OmaForFour
The quilt block calendar I have does not have a year or day name so I have been using it for two years now. Still not tired of it so am going for the third!

I got one of these last year - I'll have to dig it out to see if it has the day and year on it. If not, I could use it again! :P

Boston1954 12-24-2009 08:39 AM

Sis and I saw one at a calendar store two weeks ago, but did not have the $$ to get it.

mrspete 12-24-2009 09:04 AM

I love your hulahoop site. I did these sometime past and gave all my family two that were made in the wicker picnic plate holders and put loops on the back. I called them my calico pie hot pads. Everyone loveds them. I made a few more hoping to sell them but I never know for what to sell anything I make. When I see some of the crafts, they seem awfully expensive, but then you put a lot of labor in these things and they are divine. oh, yeah, Merry Christmas, everyone, hugz Ruthie

Feathers 12-24-2009 09:43 AM

All this talk about quilt calendars made me look for the quilt calendar I got so many years ago the pages are yellowed and crackly...I'm sure it's 30 years old if it's a day. I wasn't a quilter and didn't think I would ever care for the hobby but when I got it from a friend who was a quilter I think she KNEW that there was a quilter in me somewhere just screaming to be turned loose in a fabric store! I'm hooked! In looking at the patterns in the calendar, I find some I've done and many I think I might do. My friend is older now, can no longer quilt or sew but she still loves to haunt the fabric dept. at WalMart with me. Maybe I'll make a sampler quilt out of the blocks in the calendar and give it and the calendar back to her! Wish I had found this thread a little sooner, I'd of tried to get the quilt made for Christmas! Thanks for the ideas. Enjoy your calendars and the patterns.

Jingle 12-24-2009 10:44 AM

Special Sister gave me one a couple years ago. I thought I might make some, but have not. Not sure the patterns are clear and looks like cutting each piece = not wanting to do that - I have a trusty rotary cutter. Merry Christmas all!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yarn or Fabric 12-24-2009 11:27 AM

I came close to getting it =- I saw it at Sams & at Costco - but then changed my mind at the last minute thinking that there is no way I'll finish all the ones I'd like to make next year so I had better stay focused and not look at what's in the calendar! I'm not sure if I'll ever finish the quilts I want to make and the ones that I want to design... too many ideas, too little lifetime.

JoanneS 12-24-2009 03:23 PM

I'm planning to look for it in Jan when the prices go down to 50%!

Leota 12-24-2009 03:29 PM

I agree...picture???? where's the pic???

Quiltgranny 12-24-2009 04:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Leota
I agree...picture???? where's the pic???

Prices are all over the map. I found the Companion CD for cheaper at Create4less than at amazon. The calendar is higher. Go figure.

littlehud 12-25-2009 07:39 PM

I love the one I had this year and look forward to my new one.