Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cutie Frame question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cutie-frame-question-t317813.html)

Three Dog Night 03-20-2022 11:41 AM

Cutie Frame question

I have looked at other posts concerning the Cutie Frame but have not seen a post from anyone who is actually using a Cutiie Frame. I looked at one at quilt show this weekend and gave it a test drive and was impressed (thinking about purchasing), it had a stitch regulator on it which I would probably also buy. Would love to hear from anyone who owns and uses this frame about pros and cons.

QuickStitch 03-20-2022 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Three Dog Night (Post 8543800)
I have looked at other posts concerning the Cutie Frame but have not seen a post from anyone who is actually using a Cutiie Frame. I looked at one at quilt show this weekend and gave it a test drive and was impressed (thinking about purchasing), it had a stitch regulator on it which I would probably also buy. Would love to hear from anyone who owns and uses this frame about pros and cons.

I'm following as I have been looking into them and am very interested as to what others think. I especially want to be able to take it with me in our 5th wheel when traveling.

Mary Christine 03-20-2022 05:41 PM

I will be following. I purchased a Cutie and it was just delivered today. I can't wait to try it!

Three Dog Night 03-21-2022 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mary Christine (Post 8543869)
I will be following. I purchased a Cutie and it was just delivered today. I can't wait to try it!

Can't wait to hear how you like it. Just had email this morning from Grace Co. with a link to a Facebook group for Cutie Frame quilters which I will be checking out, it's called Cutie Quilters.

Mary Christine 03-21-2022 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Three Dog Night (Post 8543975)
Can't wait to hear how you like it. Just had email this morning from Grace Co. with a link to a Facebook group for Cutie Frame quilters which I will be checking out, it's called Cutie Quilters.

Read thru the assembly instructions today - all 50 pages! I hope to have it assembled and ready to go by this weekend.

brendaj8689 03-27-2022 01:46 PM

I got a cutie frame a few months ago. Also got Grace 15R. I love the frame. I don't have room for a big frame and the cutie solved the problem. I have it on a Husky adjustable height table because I have to move it around in my sewing room. Works great. I'm still in practice mode, but I'm getting there.

Three Dog Night 04-03-2022 06:44 PM

Well I did it. After going to quilt show I went to store in Everett and tried it again and asked a ton of questions about everything I could think of. Went home watched a ton of videos and joined the Cutie Quilters on Facebook and decided to buy it. The store had an online special $689 for Cutie and $389 for Stitch Regulator and they gave me the online price. While I was checking out the salesperson asked if I would be interested in an open box frame that a customer had gotten, put together and then decided she wanted a larger frame and it would be another $50 off. Win, win got to take home with me that day and it was all assembled and cheaper. I am still waiting for my stitch regulator and the side bungee cords but it is on my table and I am making leaders tomorrow and going to put an ugly quilt top on and give it a go.

lindaschipper 04-04-2022 03:16 AM

In my humble opinion, unless I was strictly going to do baby /toddler/ throws quilts, I wouldn't have one. Simply not enough space on this quilting table to do a bed sized quilt. I suppose you could do a bed quilt by quilting two half's of one separately and then joining them together as a Quilt As You Go style. But how would you get the quilting lines to match up where the half's meet?

Hemlock 04-04-2022 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper (Post 8546053)
In my humble opinion, unless I was strictly going to do baby /toddler/ throws quilts, I wouldn't have one. Simply not enough space on this quilting table to do a bed sized quilt. I suppose you could do a bed quilt by quilting two half's of one separately and then joining them together as a Quilt As You Go style. But how would you get the quilting lines to match up where the half's meet?

I believe it's a hoop style frame so a larger quilt can be moved then clamped to allow for working on the next unquilted section until the whole quilt is done. At least this is my understanding.

Mary Christine 04-04-2022 04:33 PM

Hemlock, that is correct.